News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

He might lose my vote. I want the Mexicans liquidated. And Rican teachers sent to toil in the sugar caves.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

So Trump (or his handlers) are finally trying to get him under control and moderate his position.

Will it work? Will it backfire? Will the crazy dumbasses who love him care?

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Hamilcar

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 21, 2016, 08:55:10 PM
He might lose my vote. I want the Mexicans liquidated. And Rican teachers sent to toil in the sugar caves.

Yeah, like you'll vote for Hillary :D

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 21, 2016, 07:09:45 PM
I don't believe it. If he flip flops on this even the racists whose vote he has locked up won't support him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/21/it-sure-sounds-like-donald-trump-is-considering-his-biggest-flip-flop-yet/

The first paragraph already includes a lie:

QuoteDonald Trump launched his campaign on a promise to be very, very tough on illegal immigration — and immigrants. He called Mexican immigrants "rapists" and "criminals." He would later promise to deport every single one of them — even approvingly referencing a controversial 1950s mass-deportation program known as "Operation Wetback."

Notice how the author fluently goes from illegal immigrants to immigrants in general without missing a beat?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on August 22, 2016, 02:49:48 AM

QuoteDonald Trump launched his campaign on a promise to be very, very tough on illegal immigration — and immigrants. He called Mexican immigrants "rapists" and "criminals." He would later promise to deport every single one of them — even approvingly referencing a controversial 1950s mass-deportation program known as "Operation Wetback."

Notice how the author fluently goes from illegal immigrants to immigrants in general without missing a beat?

I believe the author is saying he promised to be tough on illegal immigration and illegal immigrants.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on August 22, 2016, 02:49:48 AM

Go back and listen to Trump's launch speech.  He did call Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals without distinguishing between legal and illegals.  His words.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

So Bill is to resign from the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation (now to be renamed just Clinton Foundation), thus belatedly realizing what we all knew all along - it's been a massive conflict of influence for years and years.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/clinton-foundation-no-bill-clinton-227279

Again ins proper GOP hands the Clinton Foundation would be excellent ammunition against Hillary.  But watch Trump implode even further. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on August 22, 2016, 03:11:35 PM
So Bill is to resign from the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation (now to be renamed just Clinton Foundation), thus belatedly realizing what we all knew all along - it's been a massive conflict of influence for years and years.

Again ins proper GOP hands the Clinton Foundation would be excellent ammunition against Hillary.  But watch Trump implode even further. <_<

The biggest ammunition is that something inappropriate could have taken place? Wow, never heard that lobbed at the Clintons.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Don't see Bill resigning changes anything.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on August 22, 2016, 03:11:35 PM

Conflict of interest, or influence-peddling? I'm not sure what is meant by "conflict of influence".

I don't understand why Bill would be leaving. Would it not make more sense for Hilary to leave? She'd be POTUS. 

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius