News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamilcar

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/08/18/trump-adviser-joseph-schmitz-accused-of-anti-semitism.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

QuoteAllegations of anti-Semitism and Holocaust diminishment have emerged against one of Donald Trump's foreign-policy advisers. According to complaints leveled by former colleagues, former Department of Defense inspector general Joseph Schlitz bragged about firing Jewish employees and questioned whether the Holocaust could have killed as many Jewish people as widely reported. "His summary of his tenure's achievement reported as '...I fired the Jews,' " wrote Daniel Meyer, a former IG colleague of Schlitz's, in a complaint obtained by McClatchy DC. "In his final days, he allegedly lectured [former top Pentagon official John] Crane on the details of concentration camps and how the ovens were too small to kill 6 million Jews." Schmitz has adamantly denied ever being accused of such anti-Semitism, but three ex-colleagues have cited his controversial remarks, including one person who has testified under oath about them.

:lmfao:

celedhring

Quote from: Hamilcar on August 19, 2016, 06:11:24 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/08/18/trump-adviser-joseph-schmitz-accused-of-anti-semitism.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

QuoteAllegations of anti-Semitism and Holocaust diminishment have emerged against one of Donald Trump's foreign-policy advisers. According to complaints leveled by former colleagues, former Department of Defense inspector general Joseph Schlitz bragged about firing Jewish employees and questioned whether the Holocaust could have killed as many Jewish people as widely reported. "His summary of his tenure's achievement reported as '...I fired the Jews,' " wrote Daniel Meyer, a former IG colleague of Schlitz's, in a complaint obtained by McClatchy DC. "In his final days, he allegedly lectured [former top Pentagon official John] Crane on the details of concentration camps and how the ovens were too small to kill 6 million Jews." Schmitz has adamantly denied ever being accused of such anti-Semitism, but three ex-colleagues have cited his controversial remarks, including one person who has testified under oath about them.

:lmfao:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Hamilcar

Quote from: garbon on August 19, 2016, 10:29:54 AM
Manafort has resigned!

Seriously, it's like 2016, cut out the oppressive gendered language. He's called "Personfort". Get with the program, like Princeton (sorry, Non-genderspecific-heir-ton): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3747412/Princeton-orders-staff-stop-using-term-man-ban-gendered-words-make-college-inclusive.html

CountDeMoney

Yeah, considering he could be very well indicted by the time the election rolls around, I would think resignation would be the yuge, business-savvy move.

Legbiter

Speaking of redemption; even Clinton wants a piece of it.

:lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: Hamilcar on August 19, 2016, 10:50:44 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 19, 2016, 10:29:54 AM
Manafort has resigned!

Seriously, it's like 2016, cut out the oppressive gendered language. He's called "Personfort". Get with the program, like Princeton (sorry, Non-genderspecific-heir-ton): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3747412/Princeton-orders-staff-stop-using-term-man-ban-gendered-words-make-college-inclusive.html

I saw that story too. Interestingly enough, in Poland and Polish language, one of the causes of various feminist groups is to create female forms for most professions (so it is not just "actor" -> "actress" but "president" -> "presidentess" and "minister" -> "ministra"), as they believe just having a male form for some professions is an evidence of masculinisation of language. It seems Princenton feminists want the opposite.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2016, 10:54:34 AM
Yeah, considering he could be very well indicted by the time the election rolls around, I would think resignation would be the yuge, business-savvy move.

It would look weird to have a Russian agent of influence as Chief of Staff.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on August 19, 2016, 11:11:23 AM
I saw that story too. Interestingly enough, in Poland and Polish language, one of the causes of various feminist groups is to create female forms for most professions (so it is not just "actor" -> "actress" but "president" -> "presidentess" and "minister" -> "ministra"), as they believe just having a male form for some professions is an evidence of masculinisation of language. It seems Princenton feminists want the opposite.
Is that maybe because Polish has gendered while English nouns don't? See the French debate over Madame la Presidente or Madame le President which makes no sense in the English speaking world. But where there are gendered nouns - eg. Chairman - we try to neuter them rather than create a new female version too.
Let's bomb Russia!

citizen k

Trump really courting the African-American vote right now in Michigan.

Hamilcar

Quote from: citizen k on August 19, 2016, 04:21:29 PM
Trump really courting the African-American vote right now in Michigan.

It's good to have goals: "At the end of 4 years, I guarantee you, that I will get over 95% of the African American vote."

Hamilcar

Holy shit, this speech is great: "Mexico will become the car capital of the world unless you elect me president."

Hamilcar

Like a late night steak knife commercial: "What do you have to lose by trying something new like Trump?"