2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjlorYteUsA

I don't even ...

Black dude behind Trump's left shoulder is great. :lol:

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

sbr

QuoteNBC NewsVerified account
‏@NBCNews
72 percent of registered Republicans still doubt President Obama's citizenship, poll shows http://nbcnews.to/2aZVvlw

sbr

sbr

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 10, 2016, 08:09:48 PM
Well Trump just lost his black vote. All white boy show now.

Nonsense.  Dr. Carson never misses an election day.

sbr

QuoteNoah Gray CNNVerified account
‏@NoahGrayCNN
Trump crowd in sunrise FL has changed their "lock her up" chants to "lock them up," referring to the press, after Trump criticizing press

Sorry about dropping all the Twitter responses but that's how I am following this and it is fascinating/terrifiying.

11B4V

Quote from: sbr on August 10, 2016, 08:33:16 PM
QuoteNoah Gray CNNVerified account
‏@NoahGrayCNN
Trump crowd in sunrise FL has changed their "lock her up" chants to "lock them up," referring to the press, after Trump criticizing press

Sorry about dropping all the Twitter responses but that's how I am following this and it is fascinating/terrifiying.

<patiently waits for the armed insurrection>

My patrol division has the heavy weapons to put down any mouth breather insurrection in the area.

<I dare you mouth breathers, try it.>
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: sbr on August 10, 2016, 08:04:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjlorYteUsA

I don't even ...

Black dude behind Trump's left shoulder is great. :lol:

I wonder how much those three black people in the background were paid to be there. None of them cheered at all, and they all looked incredibly uncomfortable. I can just imagine the acting call that went out for that one...
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Phillip V

There has been far less polling for Senate races, and what polling data that exist have been from July or much earlier. But with the trickle of August polling that has come in, it looks like the Democrats are on track to win back the Senate.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/senate/2016_elections_senate_map.html

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on August 10, 2016, 04:28:06 PM
I still don't get why Marty likes Trump. Is he a single issue "voter" about being anti-Muslim? Trump seems to stand against virtually everything else a reasonably liberal European would vote for.
Quote"I don't see how anyone with intelligence and integrity can vote for Trump."
Get it?
QuotePlus it's hardly surprising that Marti's seduced by an authoritarian strong man. It's just a surprise he's resisted Putin this long :P
QuoteWhat gave you the idea that Marty was liberal or European?

You just couldn't help yourself, could you, guys? If something doesn't fit your narrative, it has to end with namecalling and attacks on character.  :rolleyes:

As I said already, I think Trump is a shitty candidate. And on balance of issues, I support Hillary over him. But one issue I think he is superior to Hillary is the threat of Islamism (and no, this issue is not enough to make me support him over Hillary, so I guess I am not a "one issue" voter, after all. Yay!). His ideas how to go about it may be half-baked and ham-fisted but at least he acknowledges there is a threat (and that it is neither limited to, nor simply a flavour of a more general terror threat - it is quite unique and requires unique approach). This is more than what Hillary and Obama are doing, as they are claiming the threat does not even exist.

Martinus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 10, 2016, 04:39:27 PM
Quote from: Zanza on August 10, 2016, 04:28:06 PM
I still don't get why Marty likes Trump. Is he a single issue "voter" about being anti-Muslim? Trump seems to stand against virtually everything else a reasonably liberal European would vote for.

Trump will rescue Europe from Islam.
By delivering it to Russian rule.
Under the new Great Putinist Union, the state will not execute people for being gay.  Rather, that task will be handled by neo-fascist youth groups supported by the government.
Much better, you see.

Yeah, well that's part of the trouble with supporting Trump. Allying with Putin against Islam is like, I don't know, allying with Stalin against Hitler. Pretty dodgy stuff.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on August 11, 2016, 02:51:42 AMYou just couldn't help yourself, could you, guys? If something doesn't fit your narrative, it has to end with namecalling and attacks on character.  :rolleyes:
That's cause it's fun :P

QuoteAs I said already, I think Trump is a shitty candidate. And on balance of issues, I support Hillary over him. But one issue I think he is superior to Hillary is the threat of Islamism (and no, this issue is not enough to make me support him over Hillary, so I guess I am not a "one issue" voter, after all. Yay!). His ideas how to go about it may be half-baked and ham-fisted but at least he acknowledges there is a threat (and that it is neither limited to, nor simply a flavour of a more general terror threat - it is quite unique and requires unique approach). This is more than what Hillary and Obama are doing, as they are claiming the threat does not even exist.
But this is again just nonsense. Jeffrey Goldberg who wrote the excellent 'Obama Doctrine' piece, has written another particularly good piece on this:
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/06/obama-radical-islam/487079/

I think there is a critique on this to be made of Obama - I think Syria will go down as his big mistake - I'm just not sure this is the one.

Edit: And for what it's worth I think Clinton will be a little closer to W than Obama.
Let's bomb Russia!