News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 10, 2016, 08:27:26 AM
Also, being viewed as the instigator of your opponent's assassination seems like a guaranteed way to lose an election.  Good work, Donald.  :yuk:

I disagree;  there is a substantial portion of this country whose hatred of Clinton is visceral to the point of violence.  Way too many Teump supporters and Hillaryhaters that will just say, Fuck Yeah! about it.  It will still be close, because far too many FOX News knuckledragging mouthbreathers believe that, yeah, she should be shot.

Chants of "Lock her up", t-shirts that say "Hillary For Prison", even an RNC party delegate says she should be tried for treason and shot...plenty of fertile ground to sow, and as we saw in Arizona, in Dallas, in Colorado, all it takes is one bad seed who's listening.  And all the shrugs and "that's not what he really meant" and "just kidding" aren't going to be heard.  Give violence enough of a voice and violence will make itself heard.

Berkut

Does anyone actually believe that when he said it he was implying *anything* other than what we all think he was implying?

He can have his lackey's "explain" it later, of course. Just like when he said we should murder suspected terrorists wives and children he really meant we should...do something else?....but we all know exactly what was going through his ten cent mind when he made those, and so many other, comments.

The man has no filter, he lacks that thing most of us have that flips through the things that run through our mind and rejects many of them before they exit our noise hole.

The problem here is that he has a podium and a bunch of people who are listening.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

He was so flippant about it I was not really sure what to think really. I figured it had to be a joke of some kind. But granted I never heard a politician call for the murder of somebody before so I am not sure how it is usually done  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2016, 10:04:00 AM
Does anyone actually believe that when he said it he was implying *anything* other than what we all think he was implying?

He can have his lackey's "explain" it later, of course. Just like when he said we should murder suspected terrorists wives and children he really meant we should...do something else?....but we all know exactly what was going through his ten cent mind when he made those, and so many other, comments.

The man has no filter, he lacks that thing most of us have that flips through the things that run through our mind and rejects many of them before they exit our noise hole.

The problem here is that he has a podium and a bunch of people who are listening.

Heh it is so blatant it doesn't even qualify as a "dog whistle". That's supposed to have some sort of plausible deniability to it.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Of course the fact that Hillary's campaign is giving a VIP treatment to the father of an actual mass murderer who semi-condoned his son's murder of 49 people because they were gay is nothing compared to Trump's joke.

Trump sucks as a presidential candidate, but the milk toast bias of this board is amazing.

Edit: So what's the dog whistle message there? "Don't worry, Saudi donors, we are not going to compromise our relationship over 49 dead faggots"?

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 10, 2016, 10:32:17 AM
Of course the fact that Hillary's campaign is giving a VIP treatment to the father of an actual mass murderer who semi-condoned his son's murder of 49 people because they were gay is nothing compared to Trump's joke.

Trump sucks as a presidential candidate, but the milk toast bias of this board is amazing.

Oh fuck you. What a whiner. If you want to discuss something then fucking discuss it, don't be a douchebag.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Edit: So what's the dog whistle message there? "Don't worry, Saudi donors, we are not going to compromise our relationship over 49 dead faggots"?

Don't be absurd. The Saudis don't give two shits about this. Really scrambling to find some OMG CORRUPTION there.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 10, 2016, 10:41:49 AM

Don't be absurd. The Saudis don't give two shits about this. Really scrambling to find some OMG CORRUPTION there.

They give two shits about being able to play their "we are your ally but support terrorism on your soil" game. And Clinton is clearly sending a message that her administration's relationship with global Islam will be more important to her than some dead faggots.

As far as the LGBT interests are concerned, Clinton vs. Trump is the choice between "trannies can use whatever bathroom they want" and "we will not tolerate an ideology that wants to murder you."

Sheilbh

How is Clinton sending a message?

Wrong thread to get into Orlando but that seems a fairly strong interpretation based on everything I've read about the killer.
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 10, 2016, 10:49:10 AM
How is Clinton sending a message?

Wrong thread to get into Orlando but that seems a fairly strong interpretation based on everything I've read about the killer.

How is it a strong interpretation? 11 countries in the world have death penalty for homosexuality. It just happens they are all Muslim. What they do to gay people is the equivalent of what the Third Reich did to Jews.

Neither Obama nor Clinton recognise that or want to do anything about it.

Berkut

...and what is Trump's plan to do something about it? How is this Obama's problem, or Clinton's problem, or even Trump's problem for that matter?

Maybe he could run for President on one of those countries?

0 rows returned

Martinus

Guess what, Berkut, FDR wasn't a President of Germany either!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on August 10, 2016, 10:50:57 AM
How is it a strong interpretation? 11 countries in the world have death penalty for homosexuality. It just happens they are all Muslim. What they do to gay people is the equivalent of what the Third Reich did to Jews.
Okay - I've issues with bits of that - but what's the link between it and the Orlando killer?

QuoteNeither Obama nor Clinton recognise that or want to do anything about it.
What more can we do about it than what we already do which is condemn it and offer asylum to LGBT people in those countries? What's the alternative? Regime change?
Let's bomb Russia!

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on August 10, 2016, 10:55:04 AM
Guess what, Berkut, FDR wasn't a President of Germany either!

Yeah, and he didn't try to fix the Nazi's deplorable treatment of gays either. What an asshole, worstest President EVER!

If only we had Trump running in 1938, imagine how much better things would have turned out!

0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 10, 2016, 10:58:07 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 10, 2016, 10:50:57 AM
Okay - I've issues with bits of that - but what's the link between it and the Orlando killer?

QuoteNeither Obama nor Clinton recognise that or want to do anything about it.
What more can we do about it than what we already do which is condemn it and offer asylum to LGBT people in those countries? What's the alternative? Regime change?

The Orlando killer was clearly motivated by Muslim hatred of gays. Is anyone even disputing that?

As for your question, the alternatives are countless. Dropping the "Islam is a religion of peace" shtick and stopping to treat the Saudis as a valued ally / accepting Saudi money for your foundation would be a good start.