News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on August 04, 2016, 04:05:08 PM
I disagree. Again, it's the part of the nasty stuff I mentioned before. Unlike Bill Clinton, she is not a public person so dragging her through mud because you want to get at Trump is shitty.

She made (someone else's) speech at the convention.  That's a public act.

Liep

Quote from: Malthus on August 04, 2016, 04:04:32 PM
I haven't seen this one yet:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fact-check-donald-trump-see-money-pouring-off-a-plane-in-iran/

The interesting thing about it is the best case scenario is that Trump is simply bald-facedly lying.

Worst case: that he saw a classified video due to his newfound security briefings and immediately talked about it at a press rally. This isn't possible, though, as he has yet to have any such briefings.

And if he did someone would know for sure that he had done so and that should have visible consequences.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 04, 2016, 04:09:09 PM
I disagree. Again, it's the part of the nasty stuff I mentioned before. Unlike Bill Clinton, she is not a public person so dragging her through mud because you want to get at Trump is shitty.

See, this is the attitude I (and from what I have seen, a lot of people who do not necessarily support Trump) really dislike about the anti-Trump crowd.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on August 04, 2016, 04:13:41 PM
See, this is the attitude I (and from what I have seen, a lot of people who do not necessarily support Trump) really dislike about the anti-Trump crowd.

That somebody plagiarizes a speech and the rest of the world notices it, asks about it, gets lies about it, and still mentions it?  That sort of attitude?

Malthus

Quote from: Liep on August 04, 2016, 04:11:03 PM

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fact-check-donald-trump-see-money-pouring-off-a-plane-in-iran/

The interesting thing about it is the best case scenario is that Trump is simply bald-facedly lying.

Worst case: that he saw a classified video due to his newfound security briefings and immediately talked about it at a press rally. This isn't possible, though, as he has yet to have any such briefings.

And if he did someone would know for sure that he had done so and that should have visible consequences.

I dunno what the authorities would do about it. Any move to charge him would unleash a political tsunami.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 04, 2016, 04:09:09 PM

It was two or three lines not a speech.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

That story was already debunked earlier today;  what he saw--while he was watching TV in the middle of the night, probably not paying much attention--was actually the footage of the former hostages landing in Switzerland.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on August 04, 2016, 04:13:41 PM

What attitude is that?

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 04, 2016, 04:30:35 PM

That story was already debunked earlier today;  what he saw--while he was watching TV in the middle of the night, probably not paying much attention--was actually the footage of the former hostages landing in Switzerland.

That's not really a 'debunking', though - that's what the article says. What he saw bore no resemblance to what he claimed to see.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on August 04, 2016, 04:01:41 PM
It would be poetic justice if media could show that Melania Trump worked illegally in the US in the 90s.

She gave a speech at the convention, she is a public figure especially given the role of First Lady in the US (and the contrast Trump drew between her and Ted Cruz's wife).

I agree about families of politicians if they don't do the political stuff (and young children). Mr Merkel and May aren't really public figures, neither really was SamCam.  But Cherie Blair and Sarah Brown were so are fair game (within reason). Obvious exceptions are hypocrisy and corruption which are always reportable.
Let's bomb Russia!

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Malthus

Quote from: alfred russel on August 04, 2016, 04:50:57 PM
Quote from: Malthus on August 04, 2016, 04:35:46 PM
What he saw bore no resemblance to what he claimed to see.

Is this unusual?

Sadly, with this candidate, it is not.

Even if there were no other concerns with him, this fact alone ought to disqualify him from consideration. He's apparently incapable of understanding what he's seeing, or his mind just invents stuff (piles of money coming off a plane, Muslims cheering 9/11 in crowds in NJ, etc.). 

Sheilbh

He's seen it on the internet. The Muslims in NJ meme has been around for years and thoroughly disproved. But that doesn't matter it may be factually untrue but it points to a deeper 'truth'.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

:yes: Sometimes the biggest and most important truths are not even factually true.