News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 03, 2016, 01:05:37 PM
I would very much like all these comments to start to move the survey results.
First poll since the Khan debacle have him on 39%, Clinton 49% :)

12% of Republicans supporting Clinton - so far.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zoupa

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 03, 2016, 05:04:12 PM
Would it really be that bad if President Trump nukes the whole middle east? :unsure:

Yes, it would.

DGuller

Quote from: Zoupa on August 03, 2016, 06:19:55 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on August 03, 2016, 05:04:12 PM
Would it really be that bad if President Trump nukes the whole middle east? :unsure:

Yes, it would.
I'm sure lusti didn't mean that Israel would be nuked along with it.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Some of you are getting worried, aren't you, I can tell, I have empathy skills at least a good as Trump's.   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Gingrich, one of Trumps strongest backers and a man who was on Trump's shortlist to be vice president says Trump is unacceptable as President.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/election2016/article/gingrich_trump_has_become_unacceptable_choice_for_potus
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: Savonarola on August 01, 2016, 01:43:15 PM
How many more times will we see a variation of "Has Donald Trump Finally Gone Too Far?":

With Khan family, has Trump finally gone too far?

Donald Trump:  Too far is never far enough.

Seems Trumps supporters are now convinced the dead soldier was in fact a infiltrator sent to sabotage the army and the dad is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

They should've considered walking back on all this back in the primaries, long before the convention.  These cowards have no one to blame but themselves and Rinse Previous. 

Monoriu

I wonder how come Trump still gets close to 40% support even after all this.  40% of the US electorate are unmoved by atrocious statements and behaviour from Trump.  Why and who are these people?  There appears to be a great disconnect between white, working class people and the elites. 

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Monoriu on August 03, 2016, 08:51:30 PM
I wonder how come Trump still gets close to 40% support even after all this.  40% of the US electorate are unmoved by atrocious statements and behaviour from Trump.  Why and who are these people?  There appears to be a great disconnect between white, working class people and the elites.

I figure a lot of his support comes from the Anyone But Hillary camp.

Monoriu

I am also kind of amazed that Hillary has not been able to establish a greater lead in the polls.  She is kind of lucky as she got such a self-destructive opponent in Trump instead of someone more mainstream.  But she is only leading Trump by a few percentage points in many polls in recent months.  I am not aware of any substantive policy initiatives from her other than "I'm not Trump." 

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 03, 2016, 08:57:38 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on August 03, 2016, 08:51:30 PM

I figure a lot of his support comes from the Anyone But Hillary camp.

I figure they really, really hate Muslims and Mexicans.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Apart from that, there is also a case of political insanity.  Something about the candidate really appeals to you on emotional level, and from that point on you interpret every single fact in a way that supports your candidate (or just choose to not think about it if even utterly insane logic can't spin the negative into a positive).

Admiral Yi

Saw an ad for Jill Stein.  Featured a scruffy looking negro, looked like Cornell West, haranguing a crowd about Trump and Clinton something something blacks.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 03, 2016, 09:55:34 PM
Saw an ad for Jill Stein.  Featured a scruffy looking negro, looked like Cornell West, haranguing a crowd about Trump and Clinton something something blacks.

OK, that's not the one I've seen.  She says that, while Donald Trump says outrageous things, Hillary Clinton has actually done outrageous things in government.