News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 26, 2016, 11:45:54 AM
What's unfortunate about derspiess is I always felt Languish conservatives were more like me, the establishment wing guys who support free trade, have pro-business leanings, and advocate for candidates like Jeb/Romney or H.W. Bush back in the day.

Sometimes I'm with the GOP establishment and sometimes I'm against it.  I fully supported Romney & Bush-41, and was okay with Jeb until he showed himself to be a pretty pathetic presidential candidate.  And I'm not sure what I've said here to make anyone doubt my free trade & pro-business views.

QuoteInstead it appears we have at least one Rush Limbaugh fooled imbecile here, which is a true travesty.

Another swing & miss.  I haven't listened to Limbaugh for a while, but when I did it was for entertainment.  Anyway why the name-calling?  I can handle being called whatever, but did I do or say anything to personally offend you?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Give the guy a break.  We asked for his rationale and he gave it.  I may not care much for it but he gave it honestly. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 26, 2016, 12:47:08 PM
Give the guy a break.  We asked for his rationale and he gave it.  I may not care much for it but he gave it honestly.

This is straight up kind and sensitive person behavior, there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 26, 2016, 12:53:01 PM

This is straight up kind and sensitive person behavior, there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise.

Says the guy who names himself after the dead Kraut who was cucked by a limp armed kaiser.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

11B4V

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 26, 2016, 12:53:01 PM

Well played sir.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Legbiter

The Amish have boarded the Trump Train.

QuoteAmish PAC endorsed Republican nominee Donald Trump and launched billboards in Lancaster, Pennsylvania — west of Philadelphia where the Democratic National Convention is being held this week.
"Pennsylvania has a good shot of going Republican in November and these billboards will certainly help by getting people registered and to the polls," said Ben King, the outreach director for Amish PAC.

The goal of the billboards is to educate Amish and Mennonite voters about Trump.

Roughly 95 percent of Amish and Mennonite voters are Republican

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/26/exclusive-4/
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Admiral Yi

Sounds like they have just been invited to board.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

Looking through the Republican platform for my home state of Texas (God bless Texas), found this lovely nugget:

International Trade- We support free trade as a necessary component of American capitalism and
of the United States' influence in the world. We strongly oppose the Trans-Atlantic Trade and
Investment Partnership (TTIP), the Trade In Services Agreement (TISA), and the Trans-Pacific
Partnership (TPP). We demand the immediate withdrawal from the North American Free Trade
Agreement (NAFTA)
, and the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA). We demand
the repeal of the current Fast Track Authority/TPA.

International Organizations- We support United States withdrawal from the International
Monetary Fund, the World Trade Organization, and the World Bank.

:huh:

http://www.texasgop.org/about/
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

I await Festung Amerika under Chancellor Trump.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive