Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2016, 02:44:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2016, 02:23:39 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2016, 02:21:03 PM
Good God, have you actually become Hillary??

I am just curious: we have already seen the Clintons at work for eight years 1993-2001. They seemed like they did alright. So why the desperate need to stop them? I mean just like then you have your Republican controlled legislature in place.

I was making a "What difference does it make?" joke. 

Anyway, why should I tell you why I oppose Hillary?  It's not like I'll change your mind.

Because I asked you? Because it would be nice to have a real conversation about something that fucking matters in this campaign instead of the usual bullshit?

Why wouldn't it change my mind? I don't understand this accusation. I have changed my mind many times in my life and many times because of arguments made on this board.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2016, 02:43:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2016, 02:36:08 PM
How do you describe a feeling?

Point taken :P

Why do you think that way? I mean they are a pretty centrist bunch of Democrats. I wouldn't think anything they wanted would be super different than what most centrist Republicans would want. Yet you almost seem to prefer the politics of the radical left. Why? It makes no sense to me.

Who are you talking to? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2016, 02:51:21 PM
Who are you talking to? :unsure:

Derspeiss. I thought you asked me to rephrase the question.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2016, 02:51:06 PM
Because I asked you? Because it would be nice to have a real conversation about something that fucking matters in this campaign instead of the usual bullshit?

Why wouldn't it change my mind? I don't understand this accusation. I have changed my mind many times in my life and many times because of arguments made on this board.

Okay if you promise to stop asking me, here's why I oppose Hillary Clinton (not an exhaustive list): She's dishonest and irresponsible.  She's a rather extreme feminist (the type I call 'feminazi').  Though her husband may have been somewhat moderate for a Democrat during his administration, she is a bit further to the left (as a side-note I think Bill has tacked a bit to the left since he left office). She's never accomplished anything on her own.  I wasn't very impressed with her job as Secretary of State and I don't think she'll handle foreign policy crises too well as president (plus she has a neocon streak and that's the last thing we need).  The Clinton Machine is one of the most dishonest, corrupt political machines we've seen in many decades.  Finally, I'm pretty much done with political dynasties. 

Obviously, some of the above might also apply when criticizing Trump.  And I don't like Trump.  I voted Kasich in the primary and plan to vote Gary Johnson in the general.  I just happen to think that Hillary is worse than Trump.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2016, 02:27:59 PM
I was just noting that the Trump voters I know don't fit the "poor white people" demographic claimed by the article.

Fair enough :)

OttoVonBismarck

I'll be honest I don't like Clinton much but the vast majority of actual evidence of her corruption is unsubstantiated partisan nonsense. It's frankly the same sort of shit that was leveled against Bush in re Halliburton, Carlyle Group and all kinds of other things. The difference is the lefties who made those claims against W. Bush were written off as loons and mostly told to shut up. The GOP cultivated these conspiracist beliefs and made them part of the party's actual message, for twenty years.

So while there is valid ground to criticize HRC (I agree I'm not thrilled with her foreign policy) I generally view belief in all the Right Wing Conspiracies against Clinton to be a good proxy for identifying whether someone is an imbecile or not.

I'm also not sure  where the claims of her being a "Feminazi" come from. To be frank she's not a a particularly outspoken feminist. That smacks of the claims that Obama was running as "black militant" when frankly nothing could be further from the truth.

Frankly I think spiess needs to lower his Rush Limbaugh dosage.

frunk

A year ago I was saying No Bush No Clinton.  I dislike the idea of political families like these.  I get spiess's problems with Clinton in this regard.  Thanks Republicans for giving us a significantly worse alternative.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2016, 03:06:07 PM
She's never accomplished anything on her own.

lol, Yale University Law School, Class of '73.  What the fuck did you do when you turned 26?

Legbiter

Quote from: frunk on July 25, 2016, 03:47:37 PM
A year ago I was saying No Bush No Clinton.  I dislike the idea of political families like these.  I get spiess's problems with Clinton in this regard.  Thanks Republicans for giving us a significantly worse alternative.

I don't quite understand how she does it. She simultaneously sounds like your mom scolding you after having too much to drink and like an angry ex-wife. Not enough men around who want to listen to that for 8 years.

Phillip V

Quote from: Legbiter on July 25, 2016, 03:55:58 PM

I don't quite understand how she does it. She simultaneously sounds like your mom scolding you after having too much to drink and like an angry ex-wife. Not enough men around who want to listen to that for 8 years.

Bill Clinton can do it.  I can do it.

Admiral Yi

If the remote is busted just heave a bottle at the telly.

frunk

I don't know the connection between your statement and mine, but ok.

Legbiter

CountDeMoney