News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Meh. It all goes back to arms being associated with the ruling class. Now every hillbilly with a Remington pump-action thinks he's a samurai.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

I am just anti-bad history even if used for Constitutional purposes -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Now, it is true that if the jews had guns, it would have made it harder for the Nazi to round them up into concentration camps..

They would have been shot at their homes for resisting.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

HisMajestyBOB

I thought that if you outlaw guns, then only the outlaws would have guns.
So if Hitler outlawed guns and Judaism, then all of the Jews should have been armed.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

The Minsky Moment

Carson is speaking nonsense; the true causes of the Holocaust are far more complex and nuanced and relate to: (1) attempts to achieve universal health care coverage, (2) a diplomatic agreement with Iran, (3) Hillary Clinton, (4) common school curriculum, (5) Mexicans, (6) Hillary Clinton, (7) environmental regulation, and (8) export subsidies.

Also Hillary Clinton.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Sometimes I wonder if gun nuts can't live without constant lies.  All policy proponents skew their arguments a little, but I just can't fathom the sheer volume of lies, falsehoods, bad logic, and internal contradictions that gun nuts embrace.

The Minsky Moment

Forgot to mention the most important factor of all:   the 8th army retreat from Benghazi.  If only Auchinleck hadn't listened to Hillary Clinton.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DGuller on October 09, 2015, 03:30:42 PM
Sometimes I wonder if gun nuts can't live without constant lies.  All policy proponents skew their arguments a little, but I just can't fathom the sheer volume of lies, falsehoods, bad logic, and internal contradictions that gun nuts embrace.

Most people who follow any particular issue religiously are that way. It's not really lies so much as a filter that converts all facts to fit the framework. It's like religion when it gets that far. Some of the most intelligent people I know use that brain power to rationalize weird beliefs. The smarter they are, the better they are at it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Berkut

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 09, 2015, 03:33:31 PM
Forgot to mention the most important factor of all:   the 8th army retreat from Benghazi.  If only Auchinleck hadn't listened to Hillary Clinton.

Once Rommel was able to read the allies plans off of her email server, I don't know that poor Auchy had any choice in the matter.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Like Stalin, I think they really believe all that nonsense.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on October 09, 2015, 05:13:53 PM

:huh: Stalin didn't believe in anything, he was a very, very bad man.  :mad:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on October 09, 2015, 05:13:53 PM

Indeed, Stalin was a famous 2d Amendment enthusiast.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

New CBS national poll has Trump at 27, Carson at 21, Cruz 9, Rubio 8, Fiorina and Bush 6

Cruz is on the move (actual poster you can buy at his campaign website)

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom