2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

CountDeMoney

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on December 14, 2016, 11:24:58 PM
Hey, you're not Raz :yeahright:

No Raz is the guy that obsesses about things people posted weeks ago and then tries to show them up later.  That's Raz, right?

;)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I live in a timeless void where the whole of history is laid before me like a hundred trillion roads made of screaming corpses.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 15, 2016, 01:53:10 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 14, 2016, 11:24:58 PM
Hey, you're not Raz :yeahright:

No Raz is the guy that obsesses about things people posted weeks ago and then tries to show them up later.  That's Raz, right?

;)

:face:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 14, 2016, 05:16:50 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2016, 04:17:09 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 14, 2016, 04:11:32 PM
Wonder what Huma's plans are.

Probably just get close enough to stab them with the Dragonlance. That is what he always does.

I got it.  :)

:hug: I knew this board wouldn't let me down.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

MadImmortalMan

I tried to find betting odds on faithless electors tomorrow but couldn't find any.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

sbr

As much as I hate Trump, the Electors overturning the election and voting in Hillary would be about worst case scenario.

I would like to see a significant number of electors move their votes so that even though Trump wins it i clear he has no "mandate".

Though I guess he would just tweet that he won in a landslide and all of the mouth-breathers would believe him.

katmai

@sbr. Saw a story about recent poll with 52% of GOP voters thinking he won popular vote. :lmfao: :cry:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son