News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

He's Joe Biden without, well, the Bidenism.  If you know what I mean.

dps

Quote from: Legbiter on July 22, 2016, 05:54:20 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 22, 2016, 05:44:29 PMYour version of Trump is one that doesn't mean a single thing he says.

I thought that was obvious at this point.

But you are voting for the honest politician in this election?

Not if you're voting for the nominee of either of the 2 major parties.

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on July 23, 2016, 11:03:26 AM
Exciting new rumours: significant parts of Trump's debts are held by Putin or his associates. It's just rumour at this point, but it certainly would be something.

If it turns out to be true, between this and Putin's funding of various rightist groups in Europe, it would appear that Putin is putting serious effort into destabilizing the West.
Sounds too convenient, to be honest.  And not very believable.  Why in the world would Trump need a credit line from Putin?

merithyn

Great article by Jim Wright about Tim Kaine, and what his choice means about Hillary

http://www.stonekettle.com/2016/07/the-decider.html?spref=fb&m=1
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Phillip V

jimmy olsen

Assuming an average bounce (2% in state) for a VP candidate, Virginia should be locked up, which is an important swing state.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on July 23, 2016, 03:25:00 PM
Exciting new rumours: significant parts of Trump's debts are held by Putin or his associates. It's just rumour at this point, but it certainly would be something.

If it turns out to be true, between this and Putin's funding of various rightist groups in Europe, it would appear that Putin is putting serious effort into destabilizing the West.
Sounds too convenient, to be honest.  And not very believable.  Why in the world would Trump need a credit line from Putin?

Because Trump isn't as wealthy as he says he is.  The Kremlin is already helping Trump by hacking Democratic files and releasing them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on July 23, 2016, 03:33:23 PM
A reminder that the general election polling is still too close for comfort.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Which is what bothers me the most about the Kaine pick:  the Veep in an election this close is supposed to help you win, to push you over the finish line if necessary; Hillary chose him for the role he would play--being a suitable President if Heaven Forbid, one that he's qualified for--but that's assuming a victory, which is quite an assumption.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 23, 2016, 06:06:08 PM
Which is what bothers me the most about the Kaine pick:  the Veep in an election this close is supposed to help you win, to push you over the finish line if necessary; Hillary chose him for the role he would play--being a suitable President if Heaven Forbid, one that he's qualified for--but that's assuming a victory, which is quite an assumption.

I think it's the perfect pick.  It's a safe pick, and that's how Hillary should be playing it.  Warren and Booker would have both brought negatives to the ticket.  Kaine gives her gender balance and at least a tiny bit of Southern balance.

CountDeMoney

There's nothing wrong with safe this year; I was just hoping for ex-Pentagon brass on the ticket, if only to calm down the foreign policy Chicken Littles.

Admiral Yi

I get the feeling your stalker crush is angling for SecState. 

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on July 23, 2016, 03:25:00 PM

This is the most current thing I've come across - http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trump-putin-yes-it-s-really-a-thing

jimmy olsen

GOP was having trouble
What a sad sad story
Looking for a Leader
To restore its former glory

Where oh where was he?

Now where could that man be?

We looked around
And then we found

The man for you and me...

And now it's...
Springtime, For Donald, and Wife #3!
Winter, for Marco, and Ted!

We're marching to a yuuuger pace
Trust me, here comes one classy race...
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 23, 2016, 06:06:08 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on July 23, 2016, 03:33:23 PM
A reminder that the general election polling is still too close for comfort.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

VP candidates can't really help you across the board, although they can hurt you there. They can really just help you in one state. Virginia was the only swing state with a good candidate that had a democratic governor to replace the senator if they win. So, this really was the best choice to help win.

1 Karma Chameleon point