2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Now even Muppets are attacking Trump:

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg intensifies criticism of Trump: 'He is a faker'

I'm pretty sure The Donald is neither Indian nor an ascetic.  :unsure:

;)

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 12, 2016, 04:37:45 PM
SC Justices shouldn't be doing that.  :mad:

Yeah, that was completely unnecessary.  Only their spouses should do that.

DGuller

Meh.  This whole legal fiction that Supreme Court is not a super senate with 8/9 senators for life has long worn out its last shreds of legitimacy.

Monoriu

In this case I agree with Trump.  Justices shouldn't be involved in a political campaign. 

Jaron

The Supreme Court justices have every right to political opinions as citizens of this great country.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Legbiter

New Quinnipiac polling out.

FLORIDA: Trump 42 - Clinton 39
    OHIO: Clinton 41 - Trump 41
    PENNSYLVANIA: Trump 43 - Clinton 41

With a drop in grades on honesty and moral standards, Democrat Hillary Clinton loses an 8-point lead over Republican Donald Trump in Florida, and finds herself in too-close-to-call races in the three critical swing states of Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, according to a Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll released today.

http://www.qu.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/2016-presidential-swing-state-polls/release-detail?ReleaseID=2365

Still I'd wait until after the conventions to swear fealty to the God Emperor.  :hmm:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on July 13, 2016, 07:54:08 AM

New Quinnipiac polling out.
Don't worry, at the convention Donnie will force every American (maybe even non-Americans) to swear their fealty to him, and only him.

Hillary's party time is over. The Era of Trump has arrived. She should just give up now.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Goddamn.  Would one candidate or the other please pull ahead so I can vote my conscience?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on July 13, 2016, 09:10:52 AM

Goddamn.  Would one candidate or the other please pull ahead so I can vote my conscience?

Well seems Trump will win simply by not saying approximately one outrageous and controversial thing each week, like clockwork?  :lol: :showoff:

Plus, Clinton turning on the charm will help as well.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Savonarola

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 12, 2016, 04:37:45 PM
SC Justices shouldn't be doing that.  :mad:

No, no they should not.  Fortunately the Donald has taken the high road: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/12/politics/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-donald-trump-faker/index.html

"Justice Ginsburg of the U.S. Supreme Court has embarrassed all by making very dumb political statements about me. Her mind is shot - resign!"

O brave new world, That has such people in it!   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Maladict

So Trump's VP is going to be a Leslie Nielsen lookalike? Seems fitting.

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 13, 2016, 10:53:02 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 12, 2016, 06:21:22 PMa super senate .

?
I don't get it.  The SCT is nothing like the Senate.
It's a legislative body with 9 representatives.