News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Great Italian Funkstravaganza

Started by FunkMonk, May 07, 2013, 07:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I've been to Venice in early spring and autumn and it didn't smell. I don't know if it's hot enough to smell now. Still worth it. I think I'd choose to go back in autumn, it's less busy and I thought there was something particularly magical about Venice in mist.

Personally I loved walking the cinque terre and despite being small there's worse places to have to spend the day before/after than La Spezia. I also think popping into Emilia-Romagna is worth it, I really loved Bologna. If you've plenty of time Verona's quite beautiful and I found Padua very fun.

If you can go anywhere though I'd also recommend the south. Naples is great and Sicily is beautiful (and the food's particularly great in my opinion).

Of course Rome and Florence are great. I think the Uffizi and the Vatican museums are the only two that I don't begrudge charging.
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 07, 2013, 08:08:02 PM
And Cal's pop got sent up the river for pilfering.
Ummm no, he was a VP.  He got those from restaurant managers trying to butter him up (literally, I guess).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

While I liked what I saw of the south (though I didn't get further south than Sorrento/Capri), I really loved the Lake District.  I would never have guessed that would be my favorite before going, but it was.  We also crossed over into the Ticino Canton of Switzerland and that was neat too.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on May 07, 2013, 08:09:17 PM
Ummm no, he was a VP.  He got those from restaurant managers trying to butter him up (literally, I guess).

:hmm: Managers thought a good way to kiss the ass of a VP would be to pass off company stock? 

Sheilbh

Quote from: Caliga on May 07, 2013, 08:10:59 PMWe also crossed over into the Ticino Canton of Switzerland and that was neat too.
Yes, the Swiss are that at least <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: katmai on May 07, 2013, 07:58:12 PM
Any chance to take in a Serie A game?

Roma has a home game during my stay. :hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 07, 2013, 08:07:05 PM
And Cal became king, seated on a throne of breadsticks.
...and promptly sentenced Ed to contemplate the Riddle of Implants whilst nailed to the Tree of Woe.

Admiral Yi

Flip: if you're straight you'll probably enjoy anywhere you go in Italy.

Come to think of it, that works if you're gay too.  :hmm:

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 07, 2013, 08:11:44 PM
:hmm: Managers thought a good way to kiss the ass of a VP would be to pass off company stock?
Fuck if I know, dude.  I would guess it was overstock or something.  That shit comes to the restaurants frozen.  Same deal with the cheesy rolls at Red Lobster (used to get those too).

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 07, 2013, 08:12:43 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 07, 2013, 07:58:12 PM
Any chance to take in a Serie A game?

Roma has a home game during my stay. :hmm:

Go cheer on Bradley and the boys?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

IIRC Bradley doesn't get as much playing time anymore since de Rossi got back in favor.  :mad:

I think the places I most want to visit are places where there are a shit ton of Roman ruins. Obviously I'll be in Rome so that's already checked off. Any other places?

I didn't think about Monte Cassino, Cal. Is it in ruins or is it a museum now or still in use of what? Will I still find Germans hidden in caves on the cliffs?

I need someone to help me brush up on my (non-existent) Italian. Do most people know some basic English in Italy? Where is Pedrito?  :(

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 07, 2013, 08:12:57 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 07, 2013, 08:07:05 PM
And Cal became king, seated on a throne of breadsticks.
...and promptly sentenced Ed to contemplate the Riddle of Implants whilst nailed to the Tree of Woe.

SMALL BOOBS ARE BETTER! I REGRET NOTHING!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 07, 2013, 08:21:37 PM
Do most people know some basic English in Italy?

They sure didn't when I was there.

FunkMonk

Quote from: PDH on May 07, 2013, 07:45:51 PM
Don't kill your roommate when you are there.  That can lead to all sorts of trouble.

That's what I was afraid of.  :mad:

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 07, 2013, 08:21:37 PM
IIRC Bradley doesn't get as much playing time anymore since de Rossi got back in favor.  :mad:
Yeah what i've read as well.

Do most people know some basic English in Italy? Where is Pedrito?  :(

Sleeping most likely. :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son