Polish Franciscan friar publishes sex guide for married Catholics.

Started by Syt, May 24, 2009, 06:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Friar's sex manual for hymn and her
QuoteWARSAW, Poland — The Rev. Ksawery Knotz has a message for all married Catholic couples out there: There's nothing wrong with a steamy sex life. In fact, it's a good thing.

In his new book "Sex as You Don't Know It: For Married Couples Who Love God," the Polish friar provides a theological and practical guide for Catholics that has little in common with the straitlaced attitudes often associated with the Roman Catholic Church.

"Some people, when they hear about the holiness of married sex, immediately imagine that such sex has to be deprived of joy, frivolous play, fantasy and attractive positions," Knotz writes. "(They think) it has to be sad like a traditional church hymn."

But Knotz, a Franciscan friar from a monastery outside Krakow in southern Poland, wants to change all that. Much of the book stems from questions that Knotz encountered while counseling married couples.

I wonder if it could have saved fahdiz' marriage. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

saskganesh

catholics and sin is always hot, so I expect brother friar did considerable field research.
humans were created in their own image

Josquius

How does a friar know?
Just the mentioned 2nd hand knowledge?
Or a past life....
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Maybe he got mad crazy action before going all crazy religious.

Didn't Pope John Paul II famously have a girlfriend before he joined the priesthood?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on May 24, 2009, 06:32:36 PM
How does a friar know?
Or a past life....
Why do you ask questions that are answered in a four-line article?

Crazy_Ivan80

How does a friar know?

could be a case of the right hand not knowing what the left had was doing...

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on May 25, 2009, 12:48:53 AM
How does a friar know?
Or a past life....
Why do you ask questions that are answered in a four-line article?
A bit lame if thats all its based on though.
Like a 14 year old kid's book on sex "Yeah, so like my friend's brother says that girls like it up the poo shute."
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

He's a Franciscan, that's like almost heretical to official Catholicism. St. Francis of Assisi got into some trouble with the Papacy in his day for being too liberal. :pope:

jimmy olsen

Shouldn't it be "reject Islam/Judaism" instead? Christianity doesn't have anything against bacon.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point