Gray hair cure? Scientists find root cause of discoloration

Started by jimmy olsen, May 06, 2013, 08:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2013, 08:59:45 PM
QuoteThough gray hair isn't always a welcome sign of aging, there's some evidence that suggests it can be an indicator of good health.

I rock!
Like a wild boar. :yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HVC on May 06, 2013, 08:45:35 PM
If you can't afford rogaine, Tim, you won't be able to afford whatever else they come up with.
I can afford it. It drys my scalp out too much though and causes damage.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 06, 2013, 09:28:28 PM
If you can't afford rogaine, Tim, you won't be able to afford whatever else they come up with.

It also blows up your heart, but hey.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2013, 09:30:37 PM

hair>heart

or do what i do and shave. although when i do go white i'll be really white. the few i have now are so white it looks almost likei dippedthem in shite out.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on May 06, 2013, 09:33:57 PM
or do what i do and shave. although when i do go white i'll be really white. the few i have now are so white it looks almost likei dippedthem in shite out.

Fuck the shaving.  If you're gonna go all white and still have a hairline, go all out Frederick Douglass white.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2013, 09:38:27 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 06, 2013, 09:33:57 PM

Fuck the shaving.  If you're gonna go all white and still have a hairline, go all out Frederick Douglass white.
that's in a few years time. i have a feeling it's look weird becasue in the summer i get pretty dark :lol:

*edit* just looked him up. reminds me of an angry black mark twain :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2013, 09:30:37 PM

Well I quickly stopped taking it and my last two echocardiograms have been great, so no worries on that front.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

I'm in the "plenty of early grey, but hair line is looking good" school.  Given how bald my dad is (and how close to 40 I am) I think I'm doing pretty good.

I always said my hair can go any colour it wants, as long as it is still there.  And so far, so good.   :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

Hell, my hairline started the retreat at about 18, by my mid 20s it was on the Long March toward the occipital region.  Now it has gone from retreat to full rout with panic and mob actions.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

HVC

i started thinning at 16. still had a hairline, butless hair overall. Which sucked cause i had great hair. still have an ok hairline, but i'll probably have a letterman island in 5 year or so.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

merithyn

:yeah:

I have an ongoing fight with myself over my gray. I dislike the way dye looks in my hair (it never looks natural, no matter what the box says), but I dislike the gray, too. So, I dye my hair to cover the gray, and then hate the color. So, I let it grow out, but after about two inches or so of gray showing, I panic and dye it again. (My face is ringed in gray, though there's only a sprinkle elsewhere.)

I wonder how long until the product is on the market, and which kid I'll have to sell to get it. :hmm:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on May 06, 2013, 10:27:41 PM
:yeah:

I have an ongoing fight with myself over my gray. I dislike the way dye looks in my hair (it never looks natural, no matter what the box says), but I dislike the gray, too. So, I dye my hair to cover the gray, and then hate the color. So, I let it grow out, but after about two inches or so of gray showing, I panic and dye it again. (My face is ringed in gray, though there's only a sprinkle elsewhere.)

I wonder how long until the product is on the market, and which kid I'll have to sell to get it. :hmm:

My mom was so happy when she went "grey enough" that she could just ditch the dye and go white.

Myself, I don't midn the salt-and-pepper look, but I definitely have her hair.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.