And we're back!

Main Menu

Games you just couldn't get into

Started by Razgovory, June 17, 2013, 09:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Never could get into any FPS or RTS.

Queequeg

Starting to get why so many people picked HoI 3.  It's almost impossible to play. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

How the fuck am I supposed to defend against Barbarossa? 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2013, 02:33:19 PM
If we're talking Republic: The Revolution - the big issue with that game is that they took a great concept and then executed it poorly. Great example of a game that should have ditched 3D in favor of more development time spent on mechanics.

That's the one, and I agree.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Korea

SWTOR

I would have much preferred a KOTOR 3.
I want my mother fucking points!

Seen

Quote from: Korea on June 26, 2013, 11:30:56 PM
SWTOR

I would have much preferred a KOTOR 3.
Probably would have been more profitable* as well. I agree.

*(wild guess, dont know anything about gameonomics)

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on June 19, 2013, 08:25:41 AM

Recently Arkham Assylum too.

oh hells yeah.

Being able to decide whether you jump left or right twice between sequences of furiously tapping two buttons - does not good gameplay, it makes. :yoda:

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on June 30, 2013, 06:46:17 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 19, 2013, 08:25:41 AM

Recently Arkham Assylum too.

oh hells yeah.

Being able to decide whether you jump left or right twice between sequences of furiously tapping two buttons - does not good gameplay, it makes. :yoda:

I found that game extremely addictive.  Course, I played it with a mouse.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Rex Francorum

Any Battlefield game post BF 2.
Any MMO other than WoW (not because they aren't good...I like WoW and don't have the time or energy to start over a new MMO).
To rent

Drakken

Quote from: Queequeg on June 26, 2013, 09:57:02 PM

*Grabs the map stick and frantically at random places on the Russian front map* Attack here. *hits* Here. *hits* Here. *hits* Here. *hits* Here. *hits* Here! *hits* Here!! *hits* Here!!! *throws away the stick*

Queequeg

Quote from: Drakken on July 01, 2013, 08:48:14 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on June 26, 2013, 09:57:02 PM

*Grabs the map stick and frantically at random places on the Russian front map* Attack here. *hits* Here. *hits* Here. *hits* Here. *hits* Here. *hits* Here! *hits* Here!! *hits* Here!!! *throws away the stick*
I kept building ICs too late when I should have been mass-building infantry reserves.  Only problem is that the UK lands an invasion of France in 1942, so the war is over by the time I'm half-way through Poland.

How do you move HQs across continents?  Confused.