And we're back!

Main Menu

Games you just couldn't get into

Started by Razgovory, June 17, 2013, 09:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: dps on June 20, 2013, 11:32:46 AM
Quote from: Jaron on June 17, 2013, 10:35:54 PM
with a lot of Paradox games that aren't CK or EU I feel like I just don't have the desire or patience to learn the detailed mechanics.

Yeah, although in the case of Rome it wasn't so much that the mechanics were hard to get into, it was that the gameplay was so bland.

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on June 19, 2013, 09:19:44 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 19, 2013, 08:25:41 AM
Totally Morrowind. Everyone always says its so good...it really isn't.

It took me a couple times but eventually I got it.  Exploring all the ancient ruins and trying to piece together the plot, which I am still not totally sure about, was so much fun it almost made up for the horribly unbalanced combat system and tedious leveling system.  At least you could train levels so it wasn't as suicide inducing as Oblivion.
Its the base gameplay/controls which utterly puts me off. The right button menu and left button to do stuff thing is a pain.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Admiral Yi

Girl watching.  Spectator sports.  Listening to music.  Watching movies. 

Seen

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2013, 07:43:11 PM

If those passive activities that all involve observing count as "doing" then I'd counter that all require an individual to put in effort to remain attentive.

Razgovory

Quote from: Seen on June 24, 2013, 01:59:21 PM
Fallout
Eu3
Republic
The Guild 2

:(

The Republic was aweful.  That game really pissed me off when the creators wouldn't even patch it.  Fortunately they went out of business.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Seen

Quote from: Razgovory on June 24, 2013, 02:19:59 PM

The Republic was aweful.  That game really pissed me off when the creators wouldn't even patch it.  Fortunately they went out of business.

Yeah but I really liked the idea behind it and kept trying to make it work. Fail. :(

garbon

If we're talking Republic: The Revolution - the big issue with that game is that they took a great concept and then executed it poorly. Great example of a game that should have ditched 3D in favor of more development time spent on mechanics.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2013, 02:16:13 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2013, 07:43:11 PM

If those passive activities that all involve observing count as "doing" then I'd counter that all require an individual to put in effort to remain attentive.

So what doesn't require effort then?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?