sbr

Of games I have actually tried to get into:

Bioshock
Oblivion
Bastion
Baldur's Gate
Torchlight II

Jaron

I couldn't get into Baldur's Gate either. I think it is probably a great game, but maybe its too dated to enjoy for a first time play through. Or maybe I just don't like the real time battle. I would much prefer turn based like Fallout, but that might not have been too slow paced for this type of game.

I enjoy the storylines (from Wikipedia :P ) but I wasn't able to get into the gameplay. Sad.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Diablo and it's ilk
C&C
none of the xxxCraft games
Civilization
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on June 19, 2013, 06:13:24 AM
Diablo and it's ilk
C&C
none of the xxxCraft games
Civilization

Well you're just not human.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Totally Morrowind. Everyone always says its so good...it really isn't.

Diablo I guess too. It has all its emphasis on the bad side of RPGs and totally neglects the good side.

Recently Arkham Assylum too.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on June 19, 2013, 08:25:41 AM

It took me a couple times but eventually I got it.  Exploring all the ancient ruins and trying to piece together the plot, which I am still not totally sure about, was so much fun it almost made up for the horribly unbalanced combat system and tedious leveling system.  At least you could train levels so it wasn't as suicide inducing as Oblivion.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

Quote from: Tyr on June 19, 2013, 08:25:41 AM

It really, really is.

The problem's not Morrowind. It's you.
and the horse you rode in on

crazy canuck

Diablo and it's ilk

Did you play the original Diablo or Diablo II when they were released or is this based on more recent experience with Diablo III?

The reason I ask is back in the day when Diablo was first released it was incredibly addictive for most people.  Looking back on it all now it is fair comment to wonder why we thought it was so great but at the time, compared to what else was available, it was an incredible time sink.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 19, 2013, 11:26:20 AM
Diablo and it's ilk

Did you play the original Diablo or Diablo II when they were released or is this based on more recent experience with Diablo III?

The reason I ask is back in the day when Diablo was first released it was incredibly addictive for most people.  Looking back on it all now it is fair comment to wonder why we thought it was so great but at the time, compared to what else was available, it was an incredible time sink.
played them a little. My roommates at time loved them but they never grabbed me.
I tried at demo of III but again wasn't enticed by it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Starcraft. Boring click fest
Any MMO. What the fuck is this shit? 15 bucks a month to be annoyed? Pass.
World of Tanks. Virgins with guns. Fuck that shit.
Forza and the Sony nerd car game. I want to powerslide through the other cars. Not tweak my tires. Boring nerd shit.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Diablo was way to much of a click fest for me.  I tried to like it, I really did.  I think I eventually beat the first one, but it was a chore.  Many times I'll try a game, shelf it and they try again a year or two later and love it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on June 19, 2013, 02:45:41 PM
Life.

I think Careers took that concept and made a much more enjoyable game out of it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Jaron on June 17, 2013, 10:35:54 PM
with a lot of Paradox games that aren't CK or EU I feel like I just don't have the desire or patience to learn the detailed mechanics.

Yeah, although in the case of Rome it wasn't so much that the mechanics were hard to get into, it was that the gameplay was so bland.

And there are whole genres I just don't have much use for:  shooters, platform jumpers, CRPGs other than the Elder Scrolls series (and even there, I was never really into any of them except for Daggarfall).