News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gay video clip producer censored in France

Started by viper37, May 03, 2013, 09:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Putting gay in the title is sure to attract Marty.
It be interesting to have the point of view of Languish's gay clan ;)

Link to the video clip

The videoclip is about a young gay suffering intimidation at school, and everyone's blindness to it.  It ends with the boy being crucified, with blood&all that.

France wants to restrict viewing of the clip to 16 years old at least, maybe even 18 year old.
I think 16yo is appropriate, that's a tad violent to put it mildly.  Of course, Dolan is insisting it's censorship because it deals with gay matters.  According to him, it's no more violent than a girl pooring vodka on her breasts  :hmm:

I think he's being a prick, as usual, but I may be biased against the dude.

English text for the story:
http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2013/05/02/xavier-dolans-indochine-videoclip-college-boy-stirs-up-controversy/
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Very well done.  And no there's nothing there that you don't see every day on TV.  This said the most disturbing isn't the blood - it's the blindness of everyone else.  Perhaps that's what they want to censor ...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

@Garbon:  All you have to do is watch the clip, the text is unecessary, but I've given you all an english clip.

Quote from: Grallon on May 03, 2013, 10:37:28 AM
Perhaps that's what they want to censor ...
G.
Although shocking, it's the truth for all bullying case, it ain't exclusive for young gays.  And I doubt that's what is censored, but rather all the violence in it.  Musique Plus won't air the clip, wich is probably good.

garbon

I don't want to watch the clip though nor read about it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2013, 01:25:49 PM
Right.  You're not Martinus, I keep forgetting that ;)

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on May 03, 2013, 01:48:41 PM

Also I don't care what a Québécois 20-something has to say.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2013, 02:28:48 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 03, 2013, 01:48:41 PM

Also I don't care what a Québécois 20-something has to say.

Well, your loss. L'amoures imagines (sp?) was great.

Also, your "too cool for school" shtick is getting tiresome. The Dolan guy has already achieved more than you ever will in your entire life.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on May 03, 2013, 01:22:13 PM
Although shocking, it's the truth for all bullying case, it ain't exclusive for young gays.  And I doubt that's what is censored, but rather all the violence in it.  Musique Plus won't air the clip, wich is probably good.

We have a winner here! Emphasis mine.  :frog:
Indochine is mostly boring for me but they were good in the '80s in a cheesy '80s pop way. :)

L'aventurier (Video clip)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il1S4WP6DlY

L'aventurier translated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu4Us5qI54g