And we're back!

Main Menu

Rhinos extinct in Mozambique, again

Started by garbon, May 02, 2013, 09:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 07, 2013, 03:46:26 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 02, 2013, 06:32:59 PM
That might be possible if there was enough courage in the civilized world to recolonize Africa.
China is doing that, too.  Buying up all the transport and telecom infrastructure, and buying farmland as well.  :contract:

Fear the Brave New Super Happy Dragon #47 World.
It only counts if they put men with Maxim guns and pith helmets on the ground, and put some natives in the ground.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

AnchorClanker

Patience, patience.  China plays the long game.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Neil

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 07, 2013, 05:23:49 PM
Nonsense.  When it comes to exploiting the penises of rare animals, China goes by the Brain rule:  'Now now now!'
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Neil on May 07, 2013, 05:25:23 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 07, 2013, 05:23:49 PM
Nonsense.  When it comes to exploiting the penises of rare animals, China goes by the Brain rule:  'Now now now!'
That's market demand, not strategic foreign policy.   ;)
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Josquius

Quote from: Neil on May 07, 2013, 04:53:04 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 07, 2013, 03:46:26 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 02, 2013, 06:32:59 PM
That might be possible if there was enough courage in the civilized world to recolonize Africa.
China is doing that, too.  Buying up all the transport and telecom infrastructure, and buying farmland as well.  :contract:

Fear the Brave New Super Happy Dragon #47 World.
It only counts if they put men with Maxim guns and pith helmets on the ground, and put some natives in the ground.
They don't need to. No competition and there's already local governments who play by international rules in most of the continent.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Apparently this particular subscepcies of rhino has been officially extinct since 2011.