Main Menu

Too smart to be a cop?

Started by ulmont, May 01, 2013, 12:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 01, 2013, 08:09:45 PM
Quote from: Tyr on May 01, 2013, 08:07:31 PM
Wow. That is bizzare.
You'd have thought they would have special streams for the intelligent folks where they get training in computer security or something of the sort.

This is a local police force.  They don't do that kind of thing.
They don't have any connection to a greater state/national police group?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on May 01, 2013, 08:22:43 PM
They don't have any connection to a greater state/national police group?

They have their phone numbers in a Rolodex.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on May 01, 2013, 03:53:14 PM
Is the thesis even true?  Are smart people more likely to grow bored and quit?

Yes.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2013, 05:49:07 PM
People hate busybodies and do-gooders.

I know I did. I has one chick who would do a memo once a month with her ideas on doing a re-org of the entire office. I assume she is still there, cranking out memos.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Doesn't sound very intelligent.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr
Much of my current job is a form of paid unemployment. I was just musing this morning how it is sort of like being in prison (albeit emphasis on the sort of) and how I wish I could do something with my life. It sucks massively.
If you don't love kids and love teaching than this job is the wrong one for you. How you can actually teach kids and feel like you aren't doing something great with your life is mind boggling to me.

On topic,  when I applied for the ed program they were very surpprised, I had the highest scores of an applicant in years.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 02, 2013, 07:35:28 AM
Quote from: Tyr
Much of my current job is a form of paid unemployment. I was just musing this morning how it is sort of like being in prison (albeit emphasis on the sort of) and how I wish I could do something with my life. It sucks massively.
If you don't love kids and love teaching than this job is the wrong one for you. How you can actually teach kids and feel like you aren't doing something great with your life is mind boggling to me.

I think I've known plenty of people who did teach for america who had mixed feelings on whether they made a difference (which makes a lot of sense given the particulars).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.