Corrections Officers walk off the job in Alberta

Started by Barrister, April 27, 2013, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2013, 06:34:45 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2013, 05:39:24 PM
What happens at the prison when the guards walk off?

Jails are being staffed by managers and by RCMP officers.  Inmates are in full lockdown - locked in their cells 23 1/2 hours per day.  Nurses refused to work, so prisoners only being given "life or death" medicine.

Gee, that sounds pretty fucked up.  Tell me, Uncle Beeb, is this in fact fucked up?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on April 28, 2013, 02:02:08 PM
I'm all for cutting Otto's salary.

We should set everyone's salary through on-line popularity contests.  It would have the great advantage over the Stalinist-Leninist system of being democratic.

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on April 28, 2013, 02:54:36 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2013, 06:34:45 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2013, 05:39:24 PM
What happens at the prison when the guards walk off?

Jails are being staffed by managers and by RCMP officers.  Inmates are in full lockdown - locked in their cells 23 1/2 hours per day.  Nurses refused to work, so prisoners only being given "life or death" medicine.

Gee, that sounds pretty fucked up.  Tell me, Uncle Beeb, is this in fact fucked up?

Yeah, sounds like things are pretty messed up.  Question is whose fault is it.

The COs are refusing to comply with the LRB's order to return to work.

Now, Sheriffs (who provide courthouse security, as well as dealing with prisoners when they're in court) are refusing to come to work in sympathy.

I may have the day off tomorrow! :w00t:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

All I'm sayng is, that if they're basically putting thousands of prisoners in near-solitary confinement, and denying them health services (?), that's really fucked up, and if this isn't even an issue that concerns them, they're kind of terrible at their jobs.  Can they even bathe, or is that what the 30 minutes is for?

Of course, no one cares because prisoners are unpeople on Languish.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on April 28, 2013, 03:55:32 PM
All I'm sayng is, that if they're basically putting thousands of prisoners in near-solitary confinement, and denying them health services (?), that's really fucked up, and if this isn't even an issue that concerns them, they're kind of terrible at their jobs.  Can they even bathe, or is that what the 30 minutes is for?

You have a moist vagina.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

I might in a few hours, but I don't see how that's germane.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

stjaba

Quote from: Ideologue on April 28, 2013, 03:55:32 PM

If this was in the United States, sounds like someone would have a great Section 1983 case.

DGuller

They should jail the strikers and temporarily deputize the inmates to guard them.  :mad:

11B4V

Dont know this has been brought up, but why didnt the canuck govmint have a "No strike" clause in place.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 28, 2013, 03:44:34 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 28, 2013, 02:02:08 PM
I'm all for cutting Otto's salary.

We should set everyone's salary through on-line popularity contests.  It would have the great advantage over the Stalinist-Leninist system of being democratic.

I'm for this.  Any change in my salary would be an improvement.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Kinemalogue