News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Steadfast Trust - WTF??

Started by merithyn, April 26, 2013, 10:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2013, 08:44:07 AM
So again like I said, you're annoyed that we're near the same conclusions (you are more cautious than I am) and I based mine just off the spiel provided by the charity register.

:yes:

Quote from: Agelastus on April 27, 2013, 08:30:07 AM
So, once again in plain English - there's enough "smoke" to suggest the possibility of a "fire", but no actual hard evidence of said "fire".

We didn't need to do research to figure that much out. But thanks for doing unnecessary legwork. :hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Richard Hakluyt

I've stopped worrying about it. England is dead and is incapable of revivification.

OTOH I think the UK is doing fine and will increasingly become a multicultural individualistic utterly mixed and successful place.

What I find interesting is that "multicultural" seems so bland and generic compared to the monocultural culture that existed before  :hmm:

Viking

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 27, 2013, 06:19:41 PM
I've stopped worrying about it. England is dead and is incapable of revivification.

OTOH I think the UK is doing fine and will increasingly become a multicultural individualistic utterly mixed and successful place.

What I find interesting is that "multicultural" seems so bland and generic compared to the monocultural culture that existed before  :hmm:

My general opposition to group identities notwithstanding; the reason for this blandness is that it can only reach for the lowest common denominator of inoffensiveness and inclusion.

Basically you can't have bacon and beer if you invite muslims over for dinner. You can't have steak with hindus. You can't have shellfish with jews, nor mix any meat with dairy. You can't have horse with icelanders, or britons. The Koreans demanding kimchi with dog will be disappointed if any englishmen are invited.

I think only lamb and fish aren't sinful to somebody. Do you want to live in a world with only lamb and fish?

The meltingpot, however, creates a world with proiscutto, india pale ale, crab sticks, t-bones, cheeseburgers.. and unfortunately horse sausages.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on April 26, 2013, 01:06:23 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 12:33:24 PM
But the English are the dominant culture, language, and population in the UK.

That's on its way out, dear.
Those Poles sure are hard to assimilate! :rolleyes:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 27, 2013, 07:43:51 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 26, 2013, 01:06:23 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 12:33:24 PM
But the English are the dominant culture, language, and population in the UK.

That's on its way out, dear.
Those Poles sure are hard to assimilate! :rolleyes:

Fuck off.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Neil on April 26, 2013, 12:34:22 PM
Quote from: Grallon on April 26, 2013, 11:19:49 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 26, 2013, 10:53:04 AM
It's amazing how easily inappropriate guilt can end a civilization.
You mean the White Man's Complex?  A very Anglo-Saxon thing yes - that has spawned the vile mongrel that is multiculturalism and drives England to the self flagellation of massive 3rd world immigration.  Canada, Australia are similarly affected.
Last time I checked, French suburbs were full of people from the old colonies who will burn up cars at the drop of a hat.  The English-speaking peoples don't have a monopoly on feeling shame for their success.  It's just strongest there because we're by far the most successful of all the peoples on the Earth.

Fixed it for you :)  :frog: