Attention Whore Not Really Sure Why He's Posting Random Crap on Forum

Started by grumbler, April 26, 2013, 06:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

QuoteAttention Whore Not Really Sure Why He's Posting Random Crap on Forum

NEWS IN BRIEF • Entertainment • ISSUE 49•17 • Apr 26, 2013

WARSAW—Posting in an internet discussion group, an attention whore confirmed to reporters that he actually isn't entirely sure why he chose to start a thread to post, without any commentary, an only-moderately-funny Onion story.  "Wait, what is this story again? Some sort of spoof?" said attention whore Martinus Twinkletoes while trying to find any real reason whatsoever why the spoof story on the funeral of Arbus, a fashion-photographer-turned-actor best known for his role as Dr. Freedman in the popular sitcom M*A*S*H, was worthy of a new thread rather than being posted in the existing OTT thread.

"As far as I know, the story isn't about gays or bisexuals, or about the victims of a high-profile crime that I can preach my ignorance about, or anything like that. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm just posting to say 'Everybody, look at me!  ATTT MEEE!" At press time, the attention whore had overheard that Onion articles were sometimes worth posting in threads of their own, even if this wasn't true in the current case, and said, "Okay, well, that's something."
http://www.thebunion.com/articles/attention-whore-not-really-sure-why-he,32203/?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

That was actually pretty funny.  :lol:

That being said, I am not sure why you care so much to spend time writing this, but I feel flattered.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on April 26, 2013, 06:43:40 AM
That was actually pretty funny.  :lol:

That being said, I am not sure why you care so much to spend time writing this, but I feel flattered.

Actually, it took very little time to replace the few words in the story necessary to change the meaning.  It wasn't aimed at you, of course - the juxtaposition of the new thread and the story the thread was introducing drove my satirical version.  It wrote itself.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!