News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama to end the war on drugs?

Started by Jacob, April 24, 2013, 05:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 26, 2013, 02:28:57 PM
In the movies if you want to buy ganja you ask the mailroom guy.

IT guys are the new Mailroom guys and it turns out they are not the same at all.

Iormlund

Our IT guy makes a great Cannabis lotion to help his dad when passing kidney stones. Works like a charm on backache, too.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2013, 01:52:42 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 26, 2013, 01:24:52 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 26, 2013, 07:00:57 AM

FWIW I've never understood why people enjoy smoking it. I never got the physical pleasure/euphoria sensation that alcohol produces and many times when I was at parties or something smoking just made me very, very sleepy. I guess the mild cognitive changes it causes appeal to people whose idea of fun is to lay on the floor listening to music or watching cartoons...and in my partying days that was not at all what I considered a good time. I liked to be out on the town or at big house parties doing something, and being baked just isn't compatible with that.
It's not a social drug like alcohol.  It's far better used when enjoying a film or music. 

All of my use has been in social settings.
I should have said party settings. I've never smoked by myself.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on April 26, 2013, 02:59:52 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2013, 01:52:42 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 26, 2013, 01:24:52 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 26, 2013, 07:00:57 AM

FWIW I've never understood why people enjoy smoking it. I never got the physical pleasure/euphoria sensation that alcohol produces and many times when I was at parties or something smoking just made me very, very sleepy. I guess the mild cognitive changes it causes appeal to people whose idea of fun is to lay on the floor listening to music or watching cartoons...and in my partying days that was not at all what I considered a good time. I liked to be out on the town or at big house parties doing something, and being baked just isn't compatible with that.
It's not a social drug like alcohol.  It's far better used when enjoying a film or music. 

All of my use has been in social settings.
I should have said party settings. I've never smoked by myself.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there again - though not exclusively all of my use. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 26, 2013, 12:30:40 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 26, 2013, 12:05:50 PM
I have no idea where you'd buy marijuana if you weren't acquainted with users or dealers.

Its been said before and its apt to say it again.  It is revealing just how sheltered some Languishites are.  I dont know any dealers.  I know one person for sure who uses.  I have no idea how he gets his stuff.  But I could walk out my office and get some weed if I wanted it with no trouble at all.  All I would have to do is walk until I smelled someone smoking it, which happens several times on my afternoon walks out of the office, and ask that person if I can buy some from him or if he knows where I can get it.

For a guy who seems to know a lot you seem to be pretty naive when it comes to this.

In my hometown, I would have had no trouble finding some pot if I had wanted to buy any.  Everybody pretty much knows where the potheads hung out.  Here, or anywhere else outside my hometown, I'd have no idea, but I could probably ask around.  I'd be hesitant to actually try to make a purchase, though.  In my hometown, not only did I know where the potheads hung out, but I knew which of those hangouts were also frequented by people dealing harder drugs.  A plain ol' pothead would just act like he didn't know what I was talking about and refuse to sell me anything if he thought, as BB said of CC, I look like a narc.  A guy who also deals crack or meth or somesuch might just shoot me.

Razgovory

I wouldn't have a clue where to buy pot.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

citizen k

If I wanted pot I'd go to a dispensary.

OttoVonBismarck

When I was younger, people would smoke pot outside at parties. I could smoke with them. If I wanted to buy pot, I knew people that smoked and would either ask to buy from them or ask them where I could buy some. But I never actually did, as I said I was not a big fan of it so never actively sought it out or bought it. But I would throw in money sometimes if I was partaking (usually not, though.)

I don't know where you guys live, but I work in the suburbs of D.C., I live in Fredericksburg. I don't regularly walk by anyplace that smells of weed, in fact I don't believe I've walked past a place that smells of weed in years. What exactly would my strategy be? Drive to a head shop and ask the owner if he's holding? I'm an upper middle class white guy who lives on former farm land out by himself with few neighbors around near a commuter town an hour away from a major city. Most of my friends and coworkers are professionals or work in government jobs where if they do smoke they'd try very hard to keep it secret. My daily life involves me getting up, driving up I-95 to work (where I park in a huge parking lot and go into a government office far removed from any surrounding buildings) and then drive home. Sometimes we'll go into the city for various things, but the parts of the city we walk around in you don't smell pot smoke wafting through the air.

Iormlund

Quote from: dps on April 26, 2013, 07:56:03 PMA guy who also deals crack or meth or somesuch might just shoot me.

See, that's the kind of thing that doesn't happen over here.

Admiral Yi

DGuller

Quote from: Iormlund on April 27, 2013, 12:37:56 PM
Quote from: dps on April 26, 2013, 07:56:03 PMA guy who also deals crack or meth or somesuch might just shoot me.

See, that's the kind of thing that doesn't happen over here.
Why, Spaniard thugs are just too enlightened and baked to shoot straight?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2013, 12:42:59 PM
I got really baked last night.

I am very disappointed in you young man.  :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 27, 2013, 10:34:55 AM
When I was younger, people would smoke pot outside at parties. I could smoke with them. If I wanted to buy pot, I knew people that smoked and would either ask to buy from them or ask them where I could buy some. But I never actually did, as I said I was not a big fan of it so never actively sought it out or bought it. But I would throw in money sometimes if I was partaking (usually not, though.)

I don't know where you guys live, but I work in the suburbs of D.C., I live in Fredericksburg. I don't regularly walk by anyplace that smells of weed, in fact I don't believe I've walked past a place that smells of weed in years. What exactly would my strategy be? Drive to a head shop and ask the owner if he's holding? I'm an upper middle class white guy who lives on former farm land out by himself with few neighbors around near a commuter town an hour away from a major city. Most of my friends and coworkers are professionals or work in government jobs where if they do smoke they'd try very hard to keep it secret. My daily life involves me getting up, driving up I-95 to work (where I park in a huge parking lot and go into a government office far removed from any surrounding buildings) and then drive home. Sometimes we'll go into the city for various things, but the parts of the city we walk around in you don't smell pot smoke wafting through the air.

I smell weed all the time in New York. Hell I can just walk into the hall of my building and smell it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

I work at a University.  I can get a contact high by walking into the Philosophy Department.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM