And we're back!

Main Menu

If you like model railroads...

Started by Jacob, April 25, 2013, 04:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Yeah I'd been told by someone here to visit it. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

I've got a few colleagues who organize a trip to visit it each year. I'm planning to go at some point but haven't had the time yet.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

OttoVonBismarck

Um, this looks like a grave dysfunction.

mongers

Yeah, I mentioned it to Garbon.

It's also on my list, I think it could be enjoyed my more people than just a narrow band of model train enthusiasts.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Something like this was linked in the OTT a couple weeks ago;  I think the airport layout is fascinating.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2013, 07:47:27 PM
Something like this was linked in the OTT a couple weeks ago;  I think the airport layout is fascinating.

Yeah, but also fustrating because I know I'd have to sink a shed load of money to get a nice 'Z' or 'N' scale layout that I'd like/ that which would echo a fraction of the niffyness of those German layouts.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

I love N scale Japanese rail.  I started working towards a minor collection, would like to get back into it one day.

That Marklin Z scale is gorgeous, but just like all Marklin stuff, outrageously priced these days.

merithyn

The estate sale where I got my Singer had a ton of the Marklin stuff. They were selling the trains for $20-30 a piece. At an estate sale. Jeez...
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Hmm, this place near me claims to have the world's largest indoor train display http://www.entertrainmentjunction.com/

Definitely not as nice as the Kraut one in any case.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DontSayBanana

:wub:

I saw a slot in the airliner on the runway, but I'm assuming most of the street vehicles are a magnetic rail running under the street?
Experience bij!