News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Boston bomber an "enemy combatant"?

Started by Martinus, April 21, 2013, 03:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Could anyone explain to me how this has any factual basis whatsoever or is this just a case of stupid Republicans being stupid?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

to add, IMO it's a lead in for GOP political shenanigans.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Legbiter

Sounds like it's a stick with which to beat on Obama.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

syk

I wonder if that was a false flag. The speculations about Craft International people being at the finish line are at least entertaining.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on April 21, 2013, 03:12:51 AM
to add, IMO it's a lead in for GOP political shenanigans.

For some reason, they don't trust the civilian criminal justice system with this case.  Go fig.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Scipio

It's bullshit.  You can tell it's bullshit, because Lindsey Graham and John McCain think it's a good idea.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: syk on April 21, 2013, 03:46:29 AM
I wonder if that was a false flag. The speculations about Craft International people being at the finish line are at least entertaining.

Some of the conspiracy theories have been pretty funny.  My fave--other than Obama covering up for Saudis, but that's a bit boring because it's so boilerplate--are the ones about the Navy SEALs being spotted at the marathon wearing backpacks.  Because, you know, that's what SEALs do before they blow shit up.  They wear backpacks.

OttoVonBismarck

A lot of the crazies are on to a new conspiracy theory now. See, West Fertilizer was suing Monsanto. As all good conspiracy theorists know Monsanto controls Obama as a puppet, so on Monsanto's bidding Obama ordered a drone strike on the West Fertilizer factory. So now West Fertilizer will most likely be sued into bankruptcy over safety violations or something when the real cause for the explosion was Hellfire missiles. This then disrupts West's lawsuit against Monsanto.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 21, 2013, 08:47:18 AM
A lot of the crazies are on to a new conspiracy theory now. See, West Fertilizer was suing Monsanto. As all good conspiracy theorists know Monsanto controls Obama as a puppet, so on Monsanto's bidding Obama ordered a drone strike on the West Fertilizer factory. So now West Fertilizer will most likely be sued into bankruptcy over safety violations or something when the real cause for the explosion was Hellfire missiles. This then disrupts West's lawsuit against Monsanto.

Damn, that's pretty awesome.   :cool:

I wonder what the 'authors' could do with that 'ingenious thinking' if they applied it to problems in their own life ?  :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus