Abortion doctor charged with 7 counts of murder in Philly

Started by Barrister, April 12, 2013, 01:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on April 12, 2013, 04:52:39 PM
Oh ok. So this is about a criminal killing people for profit. So where's the catch?  :huh:

One would have thought that a respectable crown prosecutor would not stoop to posting stories that have no other purpose than to titillate the public.

You're right - it is about a person killing for profit.  That's what makes it murder and not, you know, abortion.

And - Meowtf?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maximus

Quote from: Barrister on April 12, 2013, 04:51:31 PM

It's not like I made this stuff up dude.

There's a reason we asked you to put a warning on it. At least the first time it was behind a link. Oh wait, no it wasn't.

CountDeMoney

Oh ok. So this is about a criminal killing people for profit. So where's the catch?  :huh:

It'd be a different story to some people if he aborted them in the 21st trimester with an assault rifle in a classroom, as opposed to the 3rd trimester in an alleged abortion clinic.  Then it would be no biggie.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 12, 2013, 04:57:00 PM
It'd be a different story to some people if he aborted them in the 21st trimester with an assault rifle in a classroom, as opposed to the 3rd trimester in an alleged abortion clinic.  Then it would be no biggie.
:sleep:

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on April 12, 2013, 04:55:30 PM

One would have thought that a respectable crown prosecutor would not stoop to posting stories that have no other purpose than to titillate the public.

You're right - it is about a person killing for profit.  That's what makes it murder and not, you know, abortion.

And - Meowtf?

Yeah, exactly, so what's the point of posting this story in such a graphic detail WITH pictures? It's not like, when there is a "normal" murder people go out of their way to describe the act in detail and post pictures of the deceased post-mortem.

So yeah I suspect an agenda.

Martinus

It may sound callous, but while both are murder, murdering an unwanted newly born baby with no personality or memories seems less heinous than murdering a loved adult who is a fully developed person.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on April 12, 2013, 05:01:30 PM
It may sound callous, but while both are murder, murdering an unwanted newly born baby with no personality or memories seems less heinous than murdering a loved adult who is a fully developed person.

You're right:  it does sound callous.  Doofus.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on April 12, 2013, 04:58:52 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 12, 2013, 04:55:30 PM

And - Meowtf?

Yeah, exactly, so what's the point of posting this story in such a graphic detail WITH pictures? It's not like, when there is a "normal" murder people go out of their way to describe the act in detail and post pictures of the deceased post-mortem.

So yeah I suspect an agenda.

If I wanted to show you graphic pictures I'd show you the pictures contained in the grand jury report (which is linked to in the first paragraph of the article).

You think that picture was bad?

[spoiler]you should see the pic of the baby in the shoebox, or the close up of the incision on the back of the neck where the scissors went:cry:[/spoiler]

Caliga

Can't murder just be extremely heinous in all cases without further qualifications? :)

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on April 12, 2013, 05:07:11 PM
If I wanted to show you graphic pictures I'd show you the pictures contained in the grand jury report (which is linked to in the first paragraph of the article).

[spoiler]you should see the pic of the baby in the shoebox, or the close up of the incision on the back of the neck where the scissors went:cry:[/spoiler]
Beeb, I'm not pissed at you or anything, but why do you feel the need to show any pics of dead babies, 'bad' or not?  For example, I posted a thread a few weeks ago about the Jodi Arias case on trial here in the US and while I posted pics of Arias so the peanut gallery could deem her HOTT or not, I didn't post any pics of her murder victim post-murder even though these are easily found on the interwebs.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on April 12, 2013, 05:07:11 PMYou think that picture was bad?

Yes.

Personally, I'd appreciate you not posting pictures of dead babies.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on April 12, 2013, 05:09:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 12, 2013, 05:07:11 PM

Beeb, I'm not pissed at you or anything, but why do you feel the need to show any pics of dead babies, 'bad' or not?  For example, I posted a thread a few weeks ago about the Jodi Arias case on trial here in the US and while I posted pics of Arias so the peanut gallery could deem her HOTT or not, I didn't post any pics of her murder victim post-murder even though these are easily found on the interwebs.

:huh:

The only pic I posted was one from the original article.  My spoiler doesn't contain any actual pics, merely a description.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on April 12, 2013, 05:13:41 PMThe only pic I posted was one from the original article.  My spoiler doesn't contain any actual pics, merely a description.

Whether it was in an article or not doesn't change the fact that you posted it on languish.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on April 12, 2013, 05:01:30 PM

What about some like you who is not loved?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017