News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Things were better when....

Started by Ed Anger, May 22, 2009, 04:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 25, 2009, 12:39:34 PM
The term "Bromance". Anybody using that should be raped with a glass dildo that explodes in them.
:bleeding:

The other week, I was going out to play some poker with some friends, and my wife told me to have a nice 'bromantic evening'.

I was saddened and distressed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Quote from: Neil on May 25, 2009, 01:28:52 PM
The term "Bromance". Anybody using that should be raped with a glass dildo that explodes in them.

The other week, I was going out to play some poker with some friends, and my wife told me to have a nice 'bromantic evening'.

I'll bet that term was invented by women to discourage boy's night out-style behaviours by passive-aggressively praising them.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

I didn't know you were gay.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on May 25, 2009, 01:20:19 PM
Hell, things were better when teens weren't texting and driving, students didn't call their university instructor by their first name, when we could count on a good old nemesis like the USSR, cars belched out blue smoke and we liked it.

Hear hear.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on May 25, 2009, 01:44:23 PM

I didn't know you were gay.
So what was it about my post that made you angry and jealous?  A wife?  Friends?  Leaving the house?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PDH

Another thing - pudding.  It used to come in metal cans with lids that could slice your tongue off.  It was a death sport to lick the lids, a rite of passage.  Now, pudding has been pansified and America's youth is suffering.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

alfred russel

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 24, 2009, 08:01:45 AM
Now I've got a new peeve, the "Seasonique" pills. NOW YOU CAN HAVE ONLY 4 PERIODS.

Yeah, that isn't going to get me to buy the pill.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

saskganesh

telephones on TV.

back in the day, we had two house phones. when a phone rang on TV, it was pretty obvious it was the TV phone.

now, people have multiple gadgets. and "unique" ringers. when something/someone rings, I usually do not know where it is coming from. when a TV or movie is on, I sometimes get very confused.

and people who use telephones in music samples should be disconnected.
humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

Quote from: PDH on May 27, 2009, 10:20:14 AM
Another thing - pudding.  It used to come in metal cans with lids that could slice your tongue off.  It was a death sport to lick the lids, a rite of passage.  Now, pudding has been pansified and America's youth is suffering.

Heck, I am old as dirt, and I never recall encountering any metal when licking off the tops of my Swiss Miss pudding.

garbon

QuoteJudy, we can still buy pudding in a can here in England. I'm sure they are not made by Campbell's - can't think who they are made by, but you can get chocolate pudding, treacle sponge pudding and possibly other flavours. I haven't had one for years but people must still buy them as our supermarket still stocks them.

Jackie
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Mmm. i miss buttersotch pudding in a can. the ones in plastic containers don't taste the same.

also, i miss old campbels mushroom soup.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 23, 2009, 01:06:59 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2009, 11:45:51 PM
Ed Anger: please stop writing me semi-funny emails/PMs in my dreams. Thank you.

Do you ever dream about vampire stripper ponies committing crimes?
There should be a tv series about a vampire stripper pony who fights crimes.

Martinus

I like the term.

Martinus

Quote from: saskganesh on May 27, 2009, 11:04:34 AM
telephones on TV.

back in the day, we had two house phones. when a phone rang on TV, it was pretty obvious it was the TV phone.

now, people have multiple gadgets. and "unique" ringers. when something/someone rings, I usually do not know where it is coming from. when a TV or movie is on, I sometimes get very confused.

and people who use telephones in music samples should be disconnected.
Don't worry. Many elderly people (especially potheads) get easily confused by unfamiliar sounds and sights. :hug: