Has Jeremy Irons always been this nuts?

Started by Martinus, April 05, 2013, 01:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Ok, I would normally feel offended but this is so disjointed rambling, I find it simply amusing. Just wtf?  :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/jeremy-irons-on-gay-marri_n_3009495.html?ir=Gay+Voices

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

grumbler

I don't see anything here that a reasonable person would be offended by.  It certainly is rambling, but the idea of a father marrying a son for tax reasons isn't one I had thought of before, and is an amusing and clever hypothetical.

I know it is the HuffPost so we are supposed to sneer at the people the HuffPost writers sneer at, but this seems to be a innocuous stream-of-consciousness response to a fairly innocuous question.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

He is a bit eccentric. He was in a huge battle with his neighbours in Ireland over whether or not he could paint his 12th century tower peach. I think he won in the end.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

Don't know if he's crazy, but he's certainly over rated.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Camerus

Looking forward to season 3 of the Borgias.   :)

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on April 05, 2013, 05:40:23 PM
I don't see anything here that a reasonable person would be offended by.  It certainly is rambling, but the idea of a father marrying a son for tax reasons isn't one I had thought of before, and is an amusing and clever hypothetical.

I know it is the HuffPost so we are supposed to sneer at the people the HuffPost writers sneer at, but this seems to be a innocuous stream-of-consciousness response to a fairly innocuous question.

He seems crazed but I don't think I could find fault if someone was offended by the early bit where he worries if gays fighting for the name debases what marriage is.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!