News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

India Rapist Burned Alive by Victim

Started by Martinus, April 04, 2013, 11:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Rasputin on April 05, 2013, 08:27:23 AM
im still ok with her act even were it both motivated to be toruture and a revenge killing

some people just need killing

if we believe her version of events, (which i accept for the sake of argument) this dude needed killing

perhaps not a great legal argument but it remains the cornerstone of all jury nullifications

If nothing else, if she is acquitted, and people bitch that the system sucks that allowed someone to burn someone else alive and be acquitted, then perhaps that will provide the societal pressure necessary to change a system that sees women raped and then expected to kill themselves as a reasonable response to the shame of it.

Ideally, everyone would live in a society where the reasonable response to a crime is to let the authorities handle it. Extra-legal vigilantism is the *inevitable* result of gross injustice is the legal system.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on April 07, 2013, 12:40:48 PM
Ideally, everyone would live in a society where the reasonable response to a crime is to let the authorities handle it. Extra-legal vigilantism is the *inevitable* result of gross injustice is the legal system.

This.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Nonsense.  People didn't engage in Lynching because the odds were stacked in favor of the defendant.  Hell, sometimes they lynched people after a conviction.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Vigilante justice being inevitable under a given circumstance says nothing about the quality of justice or the possibility of vigilantism under different circumstances.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

fhdz

Hey guys, Raz isn't going to get it no matter what you say.
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Especially when you don't say what "it" is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2013, 02:45:03 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 08, 2013, 02:36:18 PM
You'd know it if you got it.

We'll never know till Fahdiz starts giving.

I gave you everything you needed to understand my position.
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

:rolleyes:  Okay Fahdiz, whatever you say.