Kim Jong-Un Comes Out In Support Of Gay Marriage: 'I'm Not A Monster'

Started by Martinus, March 27, 2013, 03:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

QuoteKim Jong-Un Comes Out In Support Of Gay Marriage: 'I'm Not A Monster'
News in Brief • gay & lesbian • News • ISSUE 49•13 • Mar 26, 2013

PYONGYANG—As the U.S. Supreme Court heard arguments Tuesday on the constitutionality of banning same-sex marriage, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un told reporters that, considering he's not a completely awful human being, he unequivocally believes that gay people should be able to marry. "Of course I believe gay and lesbian couples should be treated equally under the law, for God's sake; I'm not a monster," the despotic leader said, adding that the idea of trying to stop a loving couple from legally marrying one another is not only wrong from a moral and ethical standpoint but also violates the Fourteenth Amendment. "I have no idea what's going on with the justices over there, to be honest. The whole thing is a fucking embarrassment." Kim added that, should the Supreme Court not declare same-sex marriage constitutional in all 50 states, he would strongly consider launching a nuclear weapon at the United States.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/kim-jongun-comes-out-in-support-of-gay-marriage-im,31821/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=standard-post:headline:default

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Me too :blush:

But than I realized there was no way it could be true because the North is fifty years more conservative than the South, and it's still the 60s with regards to Gay rights down here.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

I thought this was serious, too, when I first saw it on my Facebook. :P

This is one of these whacky stories that might be true, as we may expect Kim Jong-Un to do or say anything.

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 27, 2013, 03:32:35 AM

But than I realized there was no way it could be true because the North is fifty years more conservative than the South, and it's still the 60s with regards to Gay rights down here.

1860s, you mean.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on March 27, 2013, 04:15:50 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 27, 2013, 03:32:35 AM

1860s, you mean.

ACW hijack countdown...

Josquius

On topic; lately I notice  on Facebook a lot of ugly red equals signs which apparently stands for  being pro gay rights.  this stuff does sort of annoy me. Being fine with gay people these days is like being against puppy kicking. It's the responsibility of the homophobes/dog hating scum to speak up, the other view is the default. Yet these people on Facebook.... they're acting like it's a big deal they support gay rights.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on March 27, 2013, 10:45:54 AM
On topic; lately I notice  on Facebook a lot of ugly red equals signs which apparently stands for  being pro gay rights.  this stuff does sort of annoy me. Being fine with gay people these days is like being against puppy kicking. It's the responsibility of the homophobes/dog hating scum to speak up, the other view is the default. Yet these people on Facebook.... they're acting like it's a big deal they support gay rights.

It annoys me too but not because people are acting like it is a big deal. Also, I would guess that it has to do right now with the two days of the US Supreme court hearing oral arguments about gay marriage.

Also, what would constitute an attractive red equals sign?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on March 27, 2013, 10:51:27 AM

Also, what would constitute an attractive red equals sign?

For josq, a coal pit in the background or it floating in a glass of beer.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive