Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Queequeg on April 03, 2014, 02:23:07 PM
Do you have a Catalan accent?  Do you look Spanish?  I confess, I don't really know what Catalans even look like.   :hmm:

They wear boiler suits and rope soled shoes and raise their clenched fists a lot.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: celedhring on April 03, 2014, 02:20:22 PM
When I lived in NYC, hispanic people at bodegas and such would look at me with freaky eyes when I addressed them in Spanish. Then again, my accent was probably funny to them.
Do you have a Catalan accent?  Do you look Spanish?  I confess, I don't really know what Catalans even look like.   :hmm:

I have a thick Catalan accent, but my Hispanic friends couldn't tell the difference from a generic "peninsula" accent.

I'm 6'0, broad, with light complexion and blond.

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on April 03, 2014, 02:43:22 PM
I think they have two hulls.

I thought he was a none too successful 'me-to' 60s pop singer-songwriter.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on April 03, 2014, 03:11:55 PM
When I lived in NYC, hispanic people at bodegas and such would look at me with freaky eyes when I addressed them in Spanish. Then again, my accent was probably funny to them.

I have a thick Catalan accent, but my Hispanic friends couldn't tell the difference from a generic "peninsula" accent.

Spellus has now gone right off you; he only likes swarthy looking 'ethnic' people.

Queequeg

Russians?  Finnic peoples?   :hmm:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

celedhring

Quote from: mongers on April 03, 2014, 03:14:58 PM
Quote from: celedhring on April 03, 2014, 03:11:55 PM

Spellus has now gone right off you; he only likes swarthy looking 'ethnic' people.

I'm a pretty boring Caucasian white. Dad looks very Mediterranean, but I took most of my looks from my mother.

Queequeg

So is your father Catalan and mother Northern Italian?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

celedhring

Quote from: Queequeg on April 03, 2014, 03:25:13 PM
So is your father Catalan and mother Northern Italian??

Both are Catalan. Mom's got French ascendancy though (my second surname is French)

Ed Anger

Squeels is latching on to you and your culture Cel. Pull the lever and bail out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 03, 2014, 04:41:54 PM
Squeels is latching on to you and your culture Cel. Pull the lever and bail out.

This.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on April 03, 2014, 03:26:43 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 03, 2014, 03:25:13 PM
So is your father Catalan and mother Northern Italian??

Both are Catalan. Mom's got French ascendancy though (my second surname is French)

French power?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

garbon

But then who would I be? :blush:

edit: in all actuality, i first looked it up to see if that meant something in genealogy. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I feel like I'm missing something here.