Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

"don't criticize China if they decide to shelter the most fucked up Orwellian dictator of our age, they might get angry!"

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on April 04, 2013, 02:42:01 AM
"don't criticize China if they decide to shelter the most fucked up Orwellian dictator of our age, they might get angry!"

I know English is not your first language, but that's completely not what Sheilbh said.

Tamas

Eddie Teach

I think any American politician with sense(yeah I know) would realize we're much better off with Kim in China than in North Korea.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

At this point what I'm wondering is what effects a renewed conventional conflict would have on the economy of the region. and by proxy, the world economy. I don't know how much of South Korea's high tech economy operates directly out of Seoul and how much is relatively safely out of reach from conventional weapons.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I cannot see a protracted conflict. The NK regime must be very fragile.

Razgovory

Still not appeasement.  China isn't the one saber-rattling, North Korea is.  Not criticizing China wouldn't appease North Korea.  If the US abandoned South Korea, that would be appeasement.  Allowing the ruling clique to escape justice in return for seeing North Korea dissolve peacefully is a good deal in my book.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2013, 03:10:16 AM

Still not appeasement.  China isn't the one saber-rattling, North Korea is.  Not criticizing China wouldn't appease North Korea.  If the US abandoned South Korea, that would be appeasement.  Allowing the ruling clique to escape justice in return for seeing North Korea dissolve peacefully is a good deal in my book.

Right, because a Chinese protectorate over NK would equal a regime change and reunification of the peninsula. Sure.

Razgovory

The situation was about the North Korean leadership fleeing to China, not China taking over North Korea. :huh:  Get the beets out of your ears.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2013, 03:29:21 AM
The situation was about the North Korean leadership fleeing to China, not China taking over North Korea. :huh:  Get the beets out of your ears.

Sheilbh talked about China giving shelter to Kim and co. And I was talking about the same thing.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on April 04, 2013, 03:37:20 AM

Sheilbh talked about China giving shelter to Kim and co. And I was talking about the same thing.

I was under the impression that Shelf was talking about it in the context of the article of Kim and co fleeing the country, not giving shelter by taking over the country.

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2013, 03:50:11 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 04, 2013, 03:37:20 AM

I was under the impression that Shelf was talking about it in the context of the article of Kim and co fleeing the country, not giving shelter by taking over the country.

I wasn't talking about giving shelter by taking over the country, initially, either. But I suspect if the Chinese are stepping in so majorly, it will bear a price tag

Martinus

Sheilbh was talking about Kim being given shelter in China.

Btw, China taking over NK is still preferable to Kim ruling NK, both internally and internationally.

Tamas

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on April 04, 2013, 04:40:25 AM
Btw, China taking over NK is still preferable to Kim ruling NK, both internally and internationally.

No, it isn't. It would become the Alsace-Loraine of the region.