Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Being able to build a rocket to reach Alaska and being able to hit Anchorage sound like  two different challenges.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2018, 12:10:57 PM
I thought Tim lived in Sejong.  Worst case scenario is for the North Korea to conquer the South.  While unlikely, it's somewhat more likely than the idea of North Korea conquering Alaska.

I think it's more likely that North Korea has fitted a nuclear weapon to a short or intermediate range missile than it is for to have fit a nuclear warhead to an ICBM.

Correct. I live 90 minutes south of Seoul
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: Tyr on March 08, 2018, 03:09:41 PM
Being able to build a rocket to reach Alaska and being able to hit Anchorage sound like  two different challenges.

Yeah, targeting is a bigger challenge than range, generally speaking.

Legbiter

Trump agrees to meet with Kim Jong Un.

QuotePresident Trump has accepted an invitation from Kim Jong-un to meet, and says the meeting will take place "by May," South Korean national security adviser Chung Eui-Yong said in a statement from the White House. Chung also said Kim had offered to suspend nuclear testing and would not object to joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises.

The White House has confirmed that Trump "will accept the invitation to meet with Kim Jong Un at a place and time to be determined," Sarah Sanders said in a statement. "We look forward to the denuclearization of North Korea. In the meantime, all sanctions and maximum pressure must remain."

https://www.axios.com/kim-jong-un-invites-trump-to-1520552292-963d84fa-44e2-46f2-b8ef-990a8a4cc3ca.html

Little Rocket Man must be feeling the pinch.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

frunk

Quote from: Legbiter on March 08, 2018, 08:27:48 PM

Anything to distract from the growing list of scandals at home.

Jacob

Quote from: Legbiter on March 08, 2018, 08:27:48 PM
Trump agrees to meet with Kim Jong Un.

QuotePresident Trump has accepted an invitation from Kim Jong-un to meet, and says the meeting will take place "by May," South Korean national security adviser Chung Eui-Yong said in a statement from the White House. Chung also said Kim had offered to suspend nuclear testing and would not object to joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises.

The White House has confirmed that Trump "will accept the invitation to meet with Kim Jong Un at a place and time to be determined," Sarah Sanders said in a statement. "We look forward to the denuclearization of North Korea. In the meantime, all sanctions and maximum pressure must remain."

https://www.axios.com/kim-jong-un-invites-trump-to-1520552292-963d84fa-44e2-46f2-b8ef-990a8a4cc3ca.html

:lol:

Other way around. North Korea has always been willing to talk directly to the US as equals - the US has refused until the North acts reasonably. Trump is throwing that away.

Inside the North this will play as "our nukes have forced the US to treat with us as equals," everywhere else it'll be seen as throwing away leverage for nothing.

This is a gift to Kim.

frunk

Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2018, 12:11:43 AM
:lol:

Other way around. North Korea has always been willing to talk directly to the US as equals - the US has refused until the North acts reasonably. Trump is throwing that away.

Inside the North this will play as "our nukes have forced the US to treat with us as equals," everywhere else it'll be seen as throwing away leverage for nothing.

This is a gift to Kim.

I think it'll be worse than that.  Trump loves every autocrat he has ever met.  He'll be ceding North Korea the whole peninsula after the first military parade/execution by AA gun he gets to attend.

Jacob

Quote from: frunk on March 09, 2018, 12:24:01 AM
I think it'll be worse than that.  Trump loves every autocrat he has ever met.  He'll be ceding North Korea the whole peninsula after the first military parade/execution by AA gun he gets to attend.

It is likely that Trump will give further concessions, but at the moment he has already given Kim a major status boost.

Tamas

Appeasement! :w00t:

could we possibly look any more like the 1930s?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I'm kind of getting whiplash from how fast "zomg Trump's taking us to war" went to "zomg Trump's giving away the farm by talking to Little Rocket Man".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 09, 2018, 07:03:35 AM
I'm kind of getting whiplash from how fast "zomg Trump's taking us to war" went to "zomg Trump's giving away the farm by talking to Little Rocket Man".

Well I never liked laying down to the giant bluffs of the North Koreans over the past couple of decades. I liked Trump's harder line with them. But he is proven a fucking dimwit over this as well. He'll end up going to the Korean border to meet this other goof, elevating him to never before seen heights, ordering the POTUS around.

garbon

Might be because Trump himself changed quickly from one bad policy position to another...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Did he though? I recall several months ago he said he'd have a good relationship with Un. Remember, Trump thinks of himself as a great dealmaker above all else.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2018, 07:55:54 AM

Might be because Trump himself changed quickly from one bad policy position to another...

Exactly.  Trump voters should really not be complaining that he is as flighty as a butterfly and goofy as a squirrel - that's why they voted for him.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!