Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 14, 2017, 12:12:06 PM
OK - so let's say I accept that.
that means 12-15% by all causes - including disease, starvation, artillery, being purged by their own side, etc.
There is no way bombing alone could have caused 20%.

Seems a reasonable conclusion.

mongers

Seems the South Koreans are convinced Trump is about to do something very rash indeed.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on August 14, 2017, 04:20:02 PM
Seems the South Koreans are convinced Trump is about to do something very rash indeed.

I'm sure the US Ambassador to South Korea will allay their fears  OH WAIT

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2017, 04:30:40 PM

:D

I guess when they appoint one, first aid skills might be a high priority.

Eddie Teach

How about Tim?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 15, 2017, 02:26:50 AM

How about Tim?  :hmm:

No, he already has the honorary plenipotentiary ambassadorship for the US spelling bee international.

mongers

Breaking News: Timmay needs to change thread title:

North Korea missiles: Projectile flies over Japan
28 August 2017

North Korea has fired a missile that flew over northern Japan before crashing into the sea, the Japanese government says.

No effort was made by the Japanese to shoot down the missile, which was launched early in the morning local time, triggering safety warnings.

The missile broke into three pieces before it landed, local media reported.

On Saturday North Korea fired three short-range missiles into the sea off its eastern coast.

In the latest incident the Japanese government warned people in the missile's flight range to take precautions, but public broadcaster NHK said there was no signs of any damage.

Full article here:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41078187

jimmy olsen

The stalemate continues

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/08/29/0200000000AEN20170829005000315.html
QuoteMoon orders show of 'overwhelming' force against N. Korean provocation

2017/08/29 10:35

SEOUL, Aug. 29 (Yonhap) -- South Korean President Moon Jae-in ordered his country's military Tuesday to display its capabilities that can overwhelm North Korea should the communist state decide to attack, the presidential office Cheong Wa Dae said.

The order came hours after Pyongyang launched what appeared to be intermediate range ballistic missiles that flew over Japan, according to Cheong Wa Dae officials.

The show of overwhelming force involved the dropping of eight Mark 84 or MK84 multipurpose bombs by four F15K fighter jets at a shooting range near the inter-Korean border in Taebaek, Yoon Young-chan, Moon's chief press secretary, told reporters.

[email protected]

(END)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

It was alarming to wake up of news that there was a missile attack, and it was necessary to find cover-  I think that was a bit of an overreaction and somewhat hysterical a message to send across the entire nation when the attack was in the remote north.

That said, North Korea should not be allowed to act in such a manner. The credibility of their threats is rising in proportion to their boldness and technological capacity, and a conflict seems irrepressible. I don't believe waiting is advantageous for the western position.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Valmy

In the event of this irrepressible conflict what does China and Japan plan to do about it? Just sit back and watch the US and South Korea take them on?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 29, 2017, 08:31:03 AM
It was alarming to wake up of news that there was a missile attack, and it was necessary to find cover-  I think that was a bit of an overreaction and somewhat hysterical a message to send across the entire nation when the attack was in the remote north.

That said, North Korea should not be allowed to act in such a manner. The credibility of their threats is rising in proportion to their boldness and technological capacity, and a conflict seems irrepressible. I don't believe waiting is advantageous for the western position.

Lettow. :cheers:

Hope you and your family stay safe during the growing crisis.

Of course Timmay is toast.  :(

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 28, 2017, 08:51:37 PM
The stalemate continues

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/08/29/0200000000AEN20170829005000315.html
QuoteMoon orders show of 'overwhelming' force against N. Korean provocation

2017/08/29 10:35

SEOUL, Aug. 29 (Yonhap) -- South Korean President Moon Jae-in ordered his country's military Tuesday to display its capabilities that can overwhelm North Korea should the communist state decide to attack, the presidential office Cheong Wa Dae said.

The order came hours after Pyongyang launched what appeared to be intermediate range ballistic missiles that flew over Japan, according to Cheong Wa Dae officials.

The show of overwhelming force involved the dropping of eight Mark 84 or MK84 multipurpose bombs by four F15K fighter jets at a shooting range near the inter-Korean border in Taebaek, Yoon Young-chan, Moon's chief press secretary, told reporters.

[email protected]

(END)

will the armies be spearheaded by K-pop-bands?

Jacob

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on August 29, 2017, 12:31:20 PM
will the armies be spearheaded by K-pop-bands?

As I understand it, K-pop stars (well the male ones) do their national service tour of duty much like everyone else. Not sure whether they'll spearhead any particular actions though.

11B4V

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 29, 2017, 08:31:03 AM

Just drink a beer and watch the show.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Zanza

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 28, 2017, 08:51:37 PM
The stalemate continues
Isn't 60 more years of stalemate pretty much the best case scenario here? Short of North Korea somehow falling apart that is.