Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 13, 2017, 10:10:07 PM

I'm also tactically concerned about these destroyers, I have to imagine the Norks have anti-ship missiles that we'd probably not be able to do much about.

Can't AEGIS destroyers shoot down antiship missiles? Isn't that their most important job?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

OttoVonBismarck

The problem with all ABM is if it isn't 100% you're fucked if the enemy is launching a lot of missiles.

FWIW Aegis a broader scope weapons system, ABM is a component of the system that is very new and to my knowledge untested in combat. Other components like its offensive targetig system and Anti-Aircraft targeting system are older/more proven.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 13, 2017, 11:22:31 PM
The problem with all ABM is if it isn't 100% you're fucked if the enemy is launching a lot of missiles.

FWIW Aegis a broader scope weapons system, ABM is a component of the system that is very new and to my knowledge untested in combat. Other components like its offensive targetig system and Anti-Aircraft targeting system are older/more proven.
Didn't one shoot down an antiship missile fired from Yemen last year?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

OttoVonBismarck

I thought that was the "point defense" tech that basically rapidly fires rounds into incoming and relatively slow moving missiles, my understanding is short range ballistic missiles in terminal velocity travel too quickly for that system to reliably acquire them, but the newer ABM component theoretically can. I could be wrong though, not a Naval guru by any means.

Tamas

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 13, 2017, 08:49:08 PM
You gotta pay a higher bribe.

No shit. You Westerners can be so lost in an Eastern environment, like little babies

Grinning_Colossus

The trick is to not just come out and say "how about I bribe you, then?" You have to ask if there's some sort of fee that you can pay to expedite the process. Framing it that way lets them save face.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Alcibiades

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 13, 2017, 10:12:30 PM
I dunno.  We'd have noticed if we upped our ground game in SK by now, and if things go full-scale, that means the ROK will be taking on the bulk of the burden this time around.  I wonder if they signed on to that possibility.

Yes.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 13, 2017, 10:12:30 PM
I dunno.  We'd have noticed if we upped our ground game in SK by now, and if things go full-scale, that means the ROK will be taking on the bulk of the burden this time around.  I wonder if they signed on to that possibility.

It's not like the ROK has a massive and extensive pre-conflict mobilization process they need to go through. 

And besides, they're not filthy subhuman slavic Russians that need 3 months to cull together enough first echelon units to attack something like Georgia or be forced to use little green men because they simply do not possess the strength to deploy set piece units against someone that can bite back.

The ROK is in mid-season form.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on April 14, 2017, 03:57:13 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on April 13, 2017, 08:49:08 PM
You gotta pay a higher bribe.

No shit. You Westerners can be so lost in an Eastern environment, like little babies
She's lived there her entire life, she knows when and how much to offer. She offerrd a big one and they said it doesn't matter how much you give us, this document will take a long time.

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

It's Saturday morning in North Korea, and MSNBC was showing the live feed from the Norks assembling for Teh Big Parade.

Now, if 59 Tomahawks suddenly just show up on the parade grounds and over the leadership review stands, I would have to admit I would be immensely fucking impressed.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 14, 2017, 08:31:45 PM
It's Saturday morning in North Korea, and MSNBC was showing the live feed from the Norks assembling for Teh Big Parade.

Now, if 59 Tomahawks suddenly just show up on the parade grounds and over the leadership review stands, I would have to admit I would be immensely fucking impressed.  :lol:

We could cum together.  :yeah:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Would you be wearing Japanese school girl uniforms, or might you branch out to pioneer uniforms instead?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on April 14, 2017, 08:44:03 PM
Would you be wearing Japanese school girl uniforms, or might you branch out to pioneer uniforms instead?

I'll wear my thigh high socks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

QuoteDPRK News Service‏ @DPRK_News Apr 13

Reckless bubblehead Donald Trump drops 21,000 pound bomb on Afghans, in cheap attempt to awe US foes.

DPRK possesses 21 1,000 pound bombs.