Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

While I'd like to think these troops would merely march south to the neck of the penninsula, I don't think we're that lucky.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/china-just-sent-150000-troops-to-its-north-korea-border-and-is-ready-to-take-action-2017-4#A9rxuQiJEEydF4Ad.99
QuoteREPORT: China 'sent 150,000 troops' to its North Korea border and is 'ready to take action'

Sarah Kimmorley 

Apr 12, 2017, 9:33 AM    

China and South Korea will take a stand against North Korea if it conducts another nuclear or intercontinental missile test.

China's state-owned newspaper Global Times is running unconfirmed reports that its army has sent 150,000 troops to the border with North Korea, and that South Korea is conducting military drills in the border area.

It follows concerns that the North will use a national commemoration on the weekend to conduct its sixth nuclear test.

The news of China's intervention will be praised by US president Donald Trump who has been pushing for the Asian superpower to take action against the North.

Yesterday, the US sent a Navy strike group towards the Korean peninsula.

And while the US defence secretary Jim Mattis won't say what the US aircraft carrier is up to near North Korea, Trump tweeted: "North Korea is looking for trouble. If China decides to help, that would be great. If not, we will solve the problem without them! U.S.A."

North Korea has since warned that a nuclear attack on the United States is imminent should the Trump administration show signs of aggression in the western Pacific.

According to the Rodong Sinmun, North Korea's official newspaper, the "army is keenly
watching every move by enemy elements with our nuclear sight focused on the US invasionary bases not only in South Korea and the Pacific operation theatre but also in the US mainland".

US vice-president Mike Pence will meet Australian prime minister Malcolm Turnbull on April 22 for talks that are expected to be centred around regional security and North Korea.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

We have been pushing for China to take care of them for years. Glad they seem to be coming around that maybe they are more than just something to annoy the US with.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

So will china fulfill their forefathers ambitions and conquer Korea.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on April 11, 2017, 09:54:43 PM

Where are you getting this from?

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 11, 2017, 10:01:42 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 11, 2017, 09:54:43 PM

Where are you getting this from?

If north Korea does something dumb and China sends in troops would they give it up once it's over?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

I suspect they would want troops to stop a flood of refugees in case of war.  I have a bad feeling that military strikes are in the near future.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on April 11, 2017, 10:03:42 PM
If north Korea does something dumb and China sends in troops would they give it up once it's over?

I mean the eternal ambition to conquer Korea.  Never heard of it.  Don't think it exists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 12, 2017, 12:37:36 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 11, 2017, 10:03:42 PM

I mean the eternal ambition to conquer Korea.  Never heard of it.  Don't think it exists.

Sure it does, he just misattributed it. That's a Japanese thing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I don't think China wants more poor non han people.

Here's a fun idea.
America/SK swoops in from the south, China from the north, North Korea is carved up into North North Korea and South North Korea
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

This coming after Emperor Donald met the Chinese Emperor seems to suggest a deal has been struck, which I, for one, would not mind.

His Royal Highness Trump the First getting shit done internationally I can live with (assuming it's on the lines of American and not Russian interests, anyways), as long as he does it after striking a deal with the other big guys who have a stake in it, and not risking WW3 every time Ivanka watches a sob story on TV.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on April 12, 2017, 03:44:09 AM
This coming after Emperor Donald met the Chinese Emperor seems to suggest a deal has been struck, which I, for one, would not mind.

His Royal Highness Trump the First getting shit done internationally I can live with (assuming it's on the lines of American and not Russian interests, anyways), as long as he does it after striking a deal with the other big guys who have a stake in it, and not risking WW3 every time Ivanka watches a sob story on TV.

It will be interesting if he manages to pull this off. I'd have to begrudgingly give him props for toppling the hermit kingdom.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: Tyr on April 08, 2017, 03:45:55 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on April 07, 2017, 09:04:36 PM
One of the most shocking moments I had in Canada was when I was issued a driver's licence.  The clerk asked me, "what was your mother's last name before she got married?"  This was my internal monologue:

So these Canadians regard my mother's maiden name as some sort of password, semi-secret that few people know.  Why?  Oh I remember.  Because their women adopt their husband's name when they get married.  Yeah.  Gender equality, land of the free, and all that.

I do wonder when they'll drop that.
Made sense 40 years ago when everyone's parents were conventionally married. But it's more and more common to have unmarried parents, hyphenation or women keeping their name. Plus foreigners.

Plus I am guessing that with modern technology, it would be trivial to find someone mothers maiden name anyway.

That used to be hard to do for some stranger. Not impossible, but hard enough that it would work to stop 99% of those who might want to cause trouble. Now it is a quick internet search.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned