Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 24, 2017, 03:14:58 PM
Jake that story doesn't make a ton of sense.  Xi shouldn't need to be told that SK was spooked over the launch.  I suspect the reality is simpler.  Lil Kim has called China's bluff.  China isn't going to collapse the regime no matter what.  Xi has nothing to say to SK to provide meaningful assurance.

The thrust of the story wasn't that Xi didn't know SK was spooked. It was the Korean president reached out to Xi and he didn't take the call due to internal bungling.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2017, 09:36:52 AM
Quote"We don't need you to like us. Thanks. We don't like you either," writes another Weibo user. "That's okay. You've always been our least favorite province," commented another.

Sounds like Chinese Spicey and Chinese Ed respectively.

I'd be way more racist.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

C'mon, man...

Where else are you going to find a restaurant with 4 waiters taking your order?

Ed Anger

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 25, 2017, 06:47:12 PM

C'mon, man...

Where else are you going to find a restaurant with 4 waiters taking your order?

I saw something like this in China too. It was hilarious.

We were in this super nice bookstore (Fang Suo Commune). It's basically a big box bookstore from when they came out first and we're nice and successful kicked up anothrthe notch).

Anyhow, we were there early one morning to look for kids' books for the flight back home and there was this military dude with a bunch stars on his shoulders surrounded by another ten or twenty dudes with slightly less bling on their uniforms, plus a couple of photographers touring the bookstore. The store manager and a few other reps where with them as well.

The big guy was being shown around, occasionally stopping to issue comments in a tone like he was haranguing the idle oldest son for failing to live up to expectations in a Kung fu film or something. All the lesser lights were furiously taking notes every time he spoke... the thing was, he was saying things like "why are these books arranged like this? Are you stupid? If you had them this other way that would be much better" to the manager of the book store.

I bought it pretty hilarious that this General or colonel or whatever he was felt it important to opine gruffly on retail displays with such vigour, but apparently that sort of thing is not uncommon.

L'il Kim is probably giving his thoughts in the colour of the upholstery or something.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 26, 2017, 02:47:20 PM
Is that being built on Kangnam Timmy?

It just opened last week.

It's in Songpa-gu, southeastern Seoul where the olympics were held.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

I love tall buildings.  Humanity's destiny is to combat ever increasing insufficiency resulting from an ever increasing population.  It is a battle that humanity is doomed to lose, but the greatest beauty possible is that humans refuse to go down without a fight.  We must increase production and living capacity in whatever way possible.