And we're back!

Main Menu

Intrade

Started by alfred russel, March 24, 2013, 09:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on March 25, 2013, 01:19:17 PM
Looks like he ended his life, like he lived it, recklessly.  <_<

Why does someone with a young family try something so dangerous; aren't kids the signifier of it's time settle down and be responsible ?

Something like that is usually planned well in advance of 9 months...it is probable he was commited to the trip before he was expecting a child. He could have called the trip off, but he probably had committed a great deal of funding at that point.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

Quote from: alfred russel on March 25, 2013, 01:38:09 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 25, 2013, 01:19:17 PM
Looks like he ended his life, like he lived it, recklessly.  <_<

Why does someone with a young family try something so dangerous; aren't kids the signifier of it's time settle down and be responsible ?

Something like that is usually planned well in advance of 9 months...it is probable he was commited to the trip before he was expecting a child. He could have called the trip off, but he probably had committed a great deal of funding at that point.

Actually that explains why he wasn't there for the birth of his last child. Doesn't really though answer mongers's question given that he already had two sons.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Who ended his life?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2013, 11:25:24 AM
Of course you can have regulation without legalization.  We're talking about different jurisdictions.  British and Irish gambling sites are regulated (I assume) but illegal in the US.

Now go ahead and tell me how I'm being a lunk head again, Shrilly McDershowitz.

You've been really defensive lately.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2013, 01:41:46 PM

Actually that explains why he wasn't there for the birth of his last child. Doesn't really though answer mongers's question given that he already had two sons.

:blush: Maybe he prepaid and got all his gear 10 years in advance? Could be why he died if his gear no longer fit.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Zanza

Jacob

Quote from: Zanza on March 25, 2013, 06:24:33 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 25, 2013, 01:49:47 PM
Who ended his life?
The Mount Everest.  :P

My question was actually "who are we talking about who ended his life?"

alfred russel

Quote from: Jacob on March 25, 2013, 06:29:56 PM
Quote from: Zanza on March 25, 2013, 06:24:33 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 25, 2013, 01:49:47 PM
Who ended his life?
The Mount Everest.  :P

My question was actually "who are we talking about who ended his life?"

The guy who owned intrade and may have been stealing money from it. I linked to his wikipedia bio in the first post.