And we're back!

Main Menu

Natural Causes ?

Started by mongers, March 23, 2013, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

:hmm:

Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky found dead

Mr Berezovsky had made his fortune importing Mercedes cars into Russia in the 1990s

The exiled Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky has been found dead at his home outside London.

The circumstances of the death of the 67-year-old - a wanted man in Russia, and an opponent of President Vladimir Putin - are not yet known.

A former Kremlin power-broker whose fortunes declined under Mr Putin, Mr Berezovsky emigrated to the UK in 2000.

Thames Valley Police said it was investigating the death of a 67-year-old man in Ascot, Berkshire.

Last year, Mr Berezovsky lost a £3bn ($4.7bn) damages claim against Chelsea Football Club owner Roman Abramovich.

Mr Berezovsky claimed he had been intimidated by Mr Abramovich into selling shares in Russian oil giant Sibneft for a "fraction of their true worth".

Rest of item here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21913356
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Being shot behind the ear *is* "natural causes" for a Russian tycoon.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

QuoteThames Valley Police said it was investigating the death of a 67-year-old man in Ascot, Berkshire.

Bet the crime lab--if there is one--is gonna ship that shit straight to Met.

Scipio

This Potemkin murder looks like a natural death, President Putin.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

Even gangsters die natural deaths sometimes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 23, 2013, 02:02:17 PM
QuoteThames Valley Police said it was investigating the death of a 67-year-old man in Ascot, Berkshire.

Bet the crime lab--if there is one--is gonna ship that shit straight to Met.

Here you go:

Boris Berezovsky death: Chemical hazard police search house

A cordon remains in place around Boris Berezovsky's house

Police with expertise in environments contaminated with chemical, biological and nuclear material are searching the house of the late exiled Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky.

Mr Berezovsky, 67, was found dead on Saturday, and a Thames Valley police cordon remains in place as police investigate his unexplained death.

The body remains at the Berkshire house while the search - described as a precaution - takes place, police said.

They say local people are not at risk.

The ambulance service was called to the Ascot house of Mr Berezovsky at 15:18 GMT on Saturday. His body was reportedly found in a bath.
Wanted man

A Thames Valley police update said: "Specially trained officers are currently at the scene, including CBRN [chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear] trained officers, who are conducting a number of searches as a precaution.

"This is to enable officers to carry out an investigation into the man's death"

rest of article here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21914864

Syt

German paper Die Zeit quotes Berezovsky's lawyer claiming it was suicide, that Berezovsky was deep in debt and not of good health.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Channel 4 news report that police as saying the reason why the NBC experts were called, was because the radiation detector on one of the attending paramedics went off. 

Not sure what to make of that.   :hmm:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 25, 2013, 01:21:13 AM
Putin!  :ph34r:

I doubt it. Beresovskij is probably going to be more dangerous dead than he was alive.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

Yeah, Berezovsky was a spent force.  He finally burned through his fortune, in no part thanks to losing the court case with 9 figure legal fees, and was more useful as a foil than as a corpse.  Then again, Putin could've still offed him just to instill more dread into other enemies in exile, or just for personal satisfaction.  With Berezovsky having laid off all his bodyguards bar one, it couldn't have been that hard.

Razgovory

Admittedly it's not unlike a Russian leader to assassinate former rivals who are no longer a threat to them.  The Soviets killed a bunch white emigres, and Stalin had Trotsky killed.

I don't know if Putin had this guy killed.  Possibly, but people who are 67 sometimes die of old age.  Regardless of how he died I think it's important to remember that while he was an enemy of Putin, he was still a crook.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2013, 01:57:29 PM
Admittedly it's not unlike a Russian leader to assassinate former rivals who are no longer a threat to them.  The Soviets killed a bunch white emigres, and Stalin had Trotsky killed.

I don't know if Putin had this guy killed.  Possibly, but people who are 67 sometimes die of old age.  Regardless of how he died I think it's important to remember that while he was an enemy of Putin, he was still a crook.
:yes: I think comparison to Trotsky is apt here.  Both lost to really, really bad guys, but they lost playing the same game the winners played; they just played it much more ineptly.

Syt

Autopsy has ruled suicide by hanging.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2013, 01:57:29 PM
Regardless of how he died I think it's important to remember that while he was an enemy of Putin, he was still a crook.

That's not a particularly noteworthy thing when talking about wealthy Russians.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?