10 most unhappy states in the U.S.

Started by garbon, March 21, 2013, 11:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on March 21, 2013, 04:52:27 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 21, 2013, 04:51:31 PM
I like Kentucky.  :)
:cool:

I am curious if all the people around here who enjoy shitting on Kentucky have ever been here. :)

Of course not. Why would I go to Kentucky when there are still plenty of places that are generally held to be likeable that I haven't been to?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I am Cal's feudal lord with my Kentucky colonelcy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

I believe I am in one of the unhappiest states at the moment.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 22, 2013, 01:41:04 PM
I believe I am in one of the unhappiest states at the moment.

Darling, you ain't that big. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

mongers

Quote from: fahdiz on March 22, 2013, 01:34:10 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 21, 2013, 01:45:23 PM
Null vote, Bhutan.    :P

Ah yes...that most distant of US states.

Bhutan is more a state of mind, than a place.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Please don't tell that to the Chinese. :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Phillip V

Beleaguered? Not Teachers, a Poll on 'Well-Being' Finds

"A new analysis of polling data from the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index that examines "well-being" as measured by a number of indicators, including physical and emotional health, job satisfaction and feelings of community and safety, found that teachers ranked second only to physicians.

In addition, teachers ranked above all other professions in answers to questions about whether they "smiled or laughed yesterday," as well as whether they experienced happiness and enjoyment the day before the survey."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/28/education/in-poll-on-well-being-teachers-rank-high.html

Ideologue

Quote from: fahdiz on March 21, 2013, 01:32:49 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 21, 2013, 01:23:35 PM
That selection of states seems to be based on income more than anything else.

Maslow's hierarchy of needs provides a correlation there.

You and your damned hierarchy.  Why must everything be a competition with you?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on March 21, 2013, 11:28:43 AM
Yi's point still stands.  None of that stuff necessarily correlates to happiness.
The UK office of statistics are trying to measure happiness, or 'measure of subjective well-being'.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/nov/20/happiness-index-anxiety-satisfaction-uk
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18966729

I'm not convinced of the need but it is an idea to try and measure a subjective feeling in the census.
Let's bomb Russia!