News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Phone Advice

Started by Arvoreen, March 20, 2013, 10:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DGuller

I am now eligible for upgrade. :yeah: I'm torn between S4 and iPhone 5.  On the one hand, all my previous smartphones were Android smartphones, and S4 seems to have superior specs by quite a margin.  On the other hand, owning iPad made me appreciate the advantages of Apple's closed system.  Android feels like it's in permanent beta stage, and about as secure as a Russian pirate torrent.

Any thoughts?

garbon

I bought my current phone on Amazon. The reviews said 'This phone is great. I don't buy into all that new fangled smartphone bullshit. I just need a phone that calls and texts.' :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 19, 2013, 12:44:01 PM
I bought my current phone on Amazon. The reviews said 'This phone is great. I don't buy into all that new fangled smartphone bullshit. I just need a phone that calls and texts.' :mellow:
I've already had two smartphones, so I don't need bullshit to know what they can do.  I can go back to dumb phones, but why the fuck would I want to?  :wacko:

garbon

I'm now back to predictive texting with the numpad. :yeah:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on July 19, 2013, 12:39:31 PM
I am now eligible for upgrade. :yeah: I'm torn between S4 and iPhone 5.  On the one hand, all my previous smartphones were Android smartphones, and S4 seems to have superior specs by quite a margin.  On the other hand, owning iPad made me appreciate the advantages of Apple's closed system.  Android feels like it's in permanent beta stage, and about as secure as a Russian pirate torrent.

Any thoughts?
I love my S4.  Get an S4.  Don't be a homo and get an Apple. :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on July 19, 2013, 03:38:24 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 19, 2013, 12:39:31 PM

Any thoughts?
I love my S4.  Get an S4.  Don't be a homo and get an Apple. :rolleyes:

Be and idiot and get an S4!

You forgot the rest of the tag line Cal!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on July 19, 2013, 03:53:49 PM
Don't anger me.
Or what, not like an HR stooge can do anything to me!

:P

lustindarkness

I have the S3, and love it, and I understand the S4 is The Awesome. Apple sucks.

Oh, and BTW, I upgraded to the S3 for $0.01, yes, a penny. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

My mother: "I love that my kids are all resisting those iphones.  You are not lemmings."

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 22, 2013, 04:32:32 PM
My mother: "I love that my kids are all resisting those iphones.  You are not lemmings."
:secret: You're supposed to rebel against your parents when you hit 30, not seek their approval.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 22, 2013, 04:55:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 22, 2013, 04:32:32 PM
:secret: You're supposed to rebel against your parents when you hit 30, not seek their approval.

:huh:

You're supposed to rebel against your parents in your teens. By late 20s, you're supposed to start recognizing that your parents told you a lot of correct shit (provided of course that they actually were worthwhile and raised you up right).

DGuller