News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Phone Advice

Started by Arvoreen, March 20, 2013, 10:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2013, 07:35:13 PM
So I was all set to order a Galaxy S4 and then noticed that AT&T charges a $36 'upgrade fee' per device. :rolleyes:

Gotta figure out a way to get out of paying that. :hmm:

call and complain, explaining how long you've been customer, i've never had to pay that fee as I call and bitch about it.

And getting S4 even after the reviews?
All the ones i've seen suggest the HTC is better.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

I've heard that, yeah, but doesn't the HTC one lack a removeable battery and an SD slot?  For me those two things are deal-breakers because you typically need them in order to install custom ROMs. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

The only thing definitive I've seen about the HTC One being better is that it looks more like an iPhone in its construction/durability. Functionality wise, most reviews I've seen give the nod to the S4.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on May 02, 2013, 08:18:19 AM
I've heard that, yeah, but doesn't the HTC one lack a removeable battery and an SD slot?  For me those two things are deal-breakers because you typically need them in order to install custom ROMs. :)
I am blissfully ignorant as IPhone man so no idea. :p
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

I passed a couple of people on bikes out in the forest this evening, I asked if they needed directions as they appeared lost, and they said "just getting their bearings" as they continued to fiddle with two smartphones/iphones. 

I went on my way, kind of thinking they're missing some of the joy in exploring/finding your position with an old-fashioned map/compass/asking a stranger for directions.
That of course assumes that their technology will ultimately work out where they were.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

fhdz

What's really nice is having both sets of skills.
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

My mother told me not to speak to strangers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

If it is an emergency, I will tell my children to ask women strangers for help. Never ask men!

Caliga

Posting from galaxy s4  :cool:

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on May 04, 2013, 05:13:57 PM

Which constellation is that in ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Caliga on May 04, 2013, 05:13:57 PM

I just saw the long "pool" commercial for that thing last night.  Looks like it's got some really cool features (that actually appear, in the case of the gestures, to be pretty similar to what they have in their TVs).

MadImmortalMan

What's the best phone I can get that has a keyboard?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Phillip V

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 22, 2013, 09:58:35 PM
What's the best phone I can get that has a keyboard?
Depends on your carrier.

I used a Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE on Sprint, which has a 4.3" screen, slideout keyboard, and 8MP camera.

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on May 02, 2013, 08:18:19 AM
True.  The removeable battery is no big deal, you apparently don't need to change the battery in this phone.  We'll see how good it is in due time :)

The SD slot is problematic, I admit.  You can circumvent it by using a USB cable to link to an USB key or card reader, neither of wich is practical imho.  But as I already have a seperate MP3 player, I don't care much.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.