News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass Effect

Started by Queequeg, May 21, 2009, 06:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korea

Also, Jade Empire was an almost perfect game. I want a sequel!
I want my mother fucking points!

Caliga

Quote from: Korea on May 27, 2009, 12:21:40 AM
I am definitely not a fan. I thought the graphics were beautiful. I really like the conversation method and the AI had some awesome personalities. The story was great and the universe was really immersive but I had some problems that made the game unfinishable for me.

Controlling the AI really pissed me off somethimes because they would be beyond retarded. I hated the combat but that's not really the games fault because I suck at FPS games. The planet/side quest were really boring and repetitive. And driving that stupid car/tank thing was ridiculous.

I understand most of your criticisms, but I thought driving the rover was fun as hell. :blink:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 27, 2009, 07:49:52 AM
I understand most of your criticisms, but I thought driving the rover was fun as hell. :blink:

The thing was hilarious I could never get it to land on anything but its wheels no matter how I got to spin and twist around.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

The best was driving it when there were small humanoid-sized hostiles around and killing them all by running them over.  They'd usually go FLYING when you hit them.  :lol:

grumbler

Maybe it is a PC thing, but "driving" the rover with left/right buttons was annoying as all fuck.  I hated it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Korea

Quote from: Korea on May 27, 2009, 12:21:40 AM
I am definitely not a fan. I thought the graphics were beautiful. I really like the conversation method and the AI had some awesome personalities. The story was great and the universe was really immersive but I had some problems that made the game unfinishable for me.

Controlling the AI really pissed me off somethimes because they would be beyond retarded. I hated the combat but that's not really the games fault because I suck at FPS games. The planet/side quest were really boring and repetitive. And driving that stupid car/tank thing was ridiculous.

Maybe it was just me but I couldn't control the damn thing to save my life.

Valmy

Quote from: Korea on May 27, 2009, 08:46:03 AM

There is a joke about women and driving in there someplace.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on May 27, 2009, 08:58:10 AM
"Women drivers:  no survivors."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Korea

:lol:

Yeah, I keep walking right into these things.  It probably doesn't help that I'm asian.

Neil

Quote from: Korea on May 27, 2009, 12:22:55 AM
Also, Jade Empire was an almost perfect game. I want a sequel!
It'll never happen.

Also, you probably won't see the Mako in Mass2.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on May 27, 2009, 08:04:29 AM
Maybe it is a PC thing, but "driving" the rover with left/right buttons was annoying as all fuck.  I hated it.

I played it on PC too, but I had remapped the movement keys to the arrow pad, as I always do with every game.  I did find it difficult to adjust to at first but a blast once I adjusted.

Neil

One really fun thing about Mass2 is the ability to blow bits off of robots or kneecap people.  The first time I played, I spent a solid five minutes kneecapping assorted party members.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Korea on May 27, 2009, 09:55:19 AM

:lol:

Yeah, I keep walking right into these things.  It probably doesn't help that I'm asian.

Driving 10 miles per hour with the blinkers on.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on May 27, 2009, 10:53:03 AM
I played it on PC too, but I had remapped the movement keys to the arrow pad, as I always do with every game.  I did find it difficult to adjust to at first but a blast once I adjusted.
My problem was that it oversteered like a motherfucker.  Drive along, tap the left turn key, and almost instantly you have changed course 90 degrees!  Hated that, especially when it also insta-killed you.  It was almost as if the thing had been designed to infuriate the player.

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: Neil on May 27, 2009, 11:02:55 AM
One really fun thing about Mass2

:unsure: Is there a demo out already?