News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Are there any Languishites in Dallas?

Started by Barrister, March 18, 2013, 01:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I can't remember.  Mouldy perhaps?

Anyways, I have an overnight layover there with the family in early April.  Just throwing it out there.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I am indeed here.  However, I will be gone from 05APR - 14APR, so unless it is very early April I will probably miss you.

Barrister

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on March 18, 2013, 01:57:09 PM
I am indeed here.  However, I will be gone from 05APR - 14APR, so unless it is very early April I will probably miss you.

Aye, it's April 8th. :(

I wouldn't have been able to do a whole lot anyways.  Just flying in on our way back from Brazil, but have a very lengthy layover which will see us get a hotel room.  Could have been enough time for a supper / snack sort of thing (in case anyone else is in town).

Admiral Yi

Some good hospitals in the Dallas area to replace your missing organs.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 18, 2013, 02:08:30 PM
Some good hospitals in the Dallas area to replace your missing organs.

Good to know. :thumbsup:

Maybe I'll call them about my missing spleen...

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on March 18, 2013, 02:05:44 PM

I wouldn't have been able to do a whole lot anyways.  Just flying in on our way back from Brazil, but have a very lengthy layover which will see us get a hotel room.  Could have been enough time for a supper / snack sort of thing (in case anyone else is in town).

I hope you give him shit for years on end, too, because he's not around when you visit his town. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on March 18, 2013, 02:38:08 PM
I hope you give him shit for years on end, too, because he's not around when you visit his town. :P

Glass houses! :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on March 18, 2013, 02:38:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 18, 2013, 02:05:44 PM

:P

We were there for several days!

MadImmortalMan

Nobody visits my town. Except Tonitrus once.

Anyway, my dad lives in Ft. Worth, and if by any chance I happen to be there, I'll say so.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 18, 2013, 03:15:45 PM
Nobody visits my town. Except Tonitrus once.

Anyway, my dad lives in Ft. Worth, and if by any chance I happen to be there, I'll say so.

Let me know on the off chance.

It just occurred to me that this'll be the first big trip I've taken in, oh, 10 years or so where a Languishite hasn't made some kind of appearance.  From KAPapalooza in '04, to meeting RH on my honeymoon in '06, to seeing Kat in alaska in '07, the whole gang in Krakow in '08, and another gang in Cortina in '09, I haven't gone anywhere without meeting languishites long the way.

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

How come we don't have any Brazilian posters?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

So Beeb, you are in luck.  My trip has been cancelled and I will be around. :P

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 18, 2013, 04:37:47 PM
How come we don't have any Brazilian posters?  :hmm:

We lack a lot of representation...just like how we have a lack of posters.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.