Security update regarding your Ubisoft account

Started by garbon, July 02, 2013, 11:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Dear Member,

We recently found that one of our Web sites was exploited to gain unauthorized access to some of our online systems. We instantly took steps to close off this access, investigate the incident and begin restoring the integrity of any compromised systems.

During this process, we learned that data had been illegally accessed from our account database, including user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords. Please note that no personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your debit/credit card information was safe from this intrusion.

As a result, we are recommending that you change the password for your account

<_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

I don't use or buy Ubisoft any more after a complete fiasco with HOMMVI.

The term incompetent fuckers who hate their customers comes to mind  :mad:

Syt

They seem to have learned their lesson, though. Newer titles (like Blood Dragon) don't require log in to their uPlay anymore (Driver and Anno still do, unfortunately; it hasn't been patched out of the old titles).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I don't even remember if I have an Ubisoft account. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pedrito

Uplay is a serious, useless pain in the ass.

And I don't remember my old password, so having to change it puts me at risk of using the same old I used before  <_<

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

garbon

To be honest, I don't even remember why I have a uplay account. And yes, agree that it is obnoxious.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

Josquius

Uplay is the devil. I had assassin's creed 2 installed  awhile ago and it ran fine. A few weeks back I decide  to finally finish it...and it shout  at me that it has to update first. It installs this thing which means I always have  to have   the internet on to play and will randomly close the game sometimes. .
Finished ac2now. Will stick to ps3 versions in future
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Meanwhile, back at Brizzard...We send yuo a CDK-Kye!

QuoteGreetings,

Blizzard has locked Battle.net account due to a security issue with the account. Specifically, we recorded a login attempt from an unfamiliar location, suggesting that your login information may have been used by an unauthorized third party.

The Battle.net account appears to be unharmed. In order to further protect your account, we have reset your password. Follow this link to set up a new security issue:

Dear players: If you have the above problem has been resolved. Thank you for your support of our company, we send you a World of Warcraft CDK-kye one. Thank you.
Blizzard Entertainment.

CDK-kye:FT2WFE-67CC-9YHGEP

If you discover any in-game items missing upon login, please contact Customer Support so we can assist you.

Please take a few moments to review the safety tips we've posted at http://www.battle.net/security. While no means of account security is guaranteed, every precaution you take to secure your computer and Battle.net account adds another layer of defense.

Best wishes,

Customer Support
Blizzard Entertainment