News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barkdreg

sbr

Mine didn't crash the first time I used the most recent Beta patch, but every time since then.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on April 21, 2010, 09:20:01 AM
Does everyone's game crash on exit?  Mine does since a couple of beta patches ago.  It's not a problem, since you're done playing anyway when it happens, but it's annoying.

Same here.  But like you say, not a big deal since you've already saved and hit "exit" anyways.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grallon

Does everyone's game crash on exit?  Mine does since a couple of beta patches ago.  It's not a problem, since you're done playing anyway when it happens, but it's annoying.

I think it's related to the MIEOU specific loading screen - when it unloads during the exit sequence.  In any case as others have said you're out anyway.  But this problem never happened when I was using MMP.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on April 21, 2010, 11:15:33 AM

I think it's related to the MIEOU specific loading screen - when it unloads during the exit sequence.  In any case as others have said you're out anyway.  But this problem never happened when I was using MMP.

Has nothing dto do with MEIOU - I do not have it installed.

Grallon

Quote from: Barrister on April 21, 2010, 11:18:40 AM

Has nothing dto do with MEIOU - I do not have it installed.

The 4.1b patch then.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Solmyr

Every Paradox game ever has crashed on exit for me.

Viking

Quote from: Grallon on April 21, 2010, 09:17:32 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 20, 2010, 06:13:25 PM
MEIOU crashes a bit too often to me with the latest patch.

Yes they're working on it.  I'm still using the latest beta with Paradox feb patch myself and I had only one crash during a war.  In fact my problem is that the game crash on exit.  But it hasn't corrupted any savegame so far.

G.

Now that I have gotten rid of all the graphics add-ons it runs fine and faster.. still not as fast as vanilla EU3, but it runs fine now.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

Because simple things amuse me...

Playing my Byzantium game.  Hungary expanded mightily, seizing Serbia and everything in between.  Because HUngary grabbed Silistria (which I have a core on) I decided to cause trouble and sponsor a ton of rebels.

Anyways, Kosovo just revolted, and joined an independent Albania.   :)

sbr

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11071494#post11071494

New Beta patch

Quote- Fixed a bug that cause countrynames to go wild under certain circumstances
- Strategic/Diplo AI: Will no longer view the Infamy limit as the "max acceptable" Infamy, but a much lower figure, depending on aggressiveness settings and personality
- Diplo AI: HRE members will not take non-core (or mission target) provinces from other HRE members.
- Added an "on action" event (950). When HRE members take HRE provinces from outside countries in peace, they get cores on them.
- Implemented jdrou's latest fixpack (4)
- Imperial Occupation Penalty is now only applied if you actually own the province.
- Added a 'hre_size = <num>' trigger for checking how many members hre has.
- It is no longer possible to leave the empire if you are at war.
- Its no longer possible to build ships with the rightclick menu if you are not allowed to.
- If a province has picked tradegoods once, and is back at unknown, it will now get
- Fixed a few triggers that allowed impassable provinces to be viewed as empty.
- The AI will now ignore "make elector vote for us"-missions.
- Alot of beneficiary events are now more likely to happen for members of the HRE if hre is big, OR if you have no badboy.
- Being a member of the HRE now has a nice static bonus to diplomatic skill, badboy reduction, prestige and cultural tradition.
- When there is 25 members of the HRE, every member gets a nice bonus to tech costs, stability costs, manpower and revolt risk.

Looks like some new HRE goodies.

Checksum appears to be HYTM

Barrister

Can it be used on saved games?

sbr

Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2010, 02:16:00 PM
Can it be used on saved games?

Probably but no guarantees.  No one has come out and said it won't work, but it has only been out for a few hours.

You should just copy your entire EU3 folder and apply the patch to that so you don't ruin your game if it doesn't work.

Berkut

I see they fixed the bug* I found. Do I get a royalty or anything?

*Errrh, I mean "design decision".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

dps

QuoteIf a province has picked tradegoods once, and is back at unknown, it will now get

Any idea what it's supposed to get?

Threviel

I installed MEIOU or whatever and all I got was a black map. Meh! Back to vanilla.