News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

IIRC, the fastest speed basically lets your processor calculate as fast as it can, it has no upper limit.

Barrister

Quote from: PDH on September 23, 2009, 07:52:05 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 23, 2009, 07:19:01 AM
Quote from: PDH on June 03, 2009, 10:20:02 AM
Fired up EU3 on new computer...runs way too fast now...
Exageration for 'acceptably' I hope?
No...on highest speed it is just too fast...

That's been my only aggravation about EU3.  The top speed is unplayably fast for me, but the next to top speed is dramatically slower.  I wish there was an additional speed somewhere inbetween.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Yeah...superfast is only good if you want to fast-forward time without doing anything. That's probably what it's there for.

But that's not my aggravation with the game.

I still thing the ping-ponging rebels are a real pain in the arse.

And pirates, when they get out of control, can be a bitch. I know that all it takes is a single sloop patrolling the coast, but if you lose one in a war and don't realize it, those pirates can sometimes spawn to unbelievable numbers. I once had a coastal province blockaded by a stack of 35 pirate ships.  :mad:

But, yeah, otherwise, EUIII has come a long way. Patch 3.2 should be out sometime this year too.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

Quote from: Josephus on September 23, 2009, 12:46:36 PM
IMO this would be easily fixed (and I agree that it's a pain in the ass) if rebels were not allowed to retreat into a province with a culture != the culture of the rebels.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on September 23, 2009, 03:17:59 PM
IMO this would be easily fixed (and I agree that it's a pain in the ass) if rebels were not allowed to retreat into a province with a culture != the culture of the rebels.
And/or depending on how many cavalry the opposing player/AI nation has, that could whittle down rebel numbers as they retreat, eventually destroying them.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on September 23, 2009, 03:17:59 PM

But that can be highly entertaining.  I've bounced rebels into neighboring, enemy countries... :shifty:

Caliga

Sometimes neighboring countries have the same culture.  :menace:

I've actually seen governments fall due to rebels I pushed across a nation's borders. :yes:

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on September 23, 2009, 05:46:43 PM
Sometimes neighboring countries have the same culture.  :menace:

I've actually seen governments fall due to rebels I pushed across a nation's borders. :yes:

Playing my Scotland game, I controlled Meath, which had gone Protestant.  Myself, I was Reformed.  All of the Irish OPMs still existed.  Anyways, some Protestant Rebels spawned in Meath.  I defeated them, they then beseiged the minors, defeated them, and each of their governments fell in turn.

That had the effect of turning all of them Protestant. :lol:

DGuller

Am I understanding correctly that in EU3 the provinces that you conquered become your cores after holding them for a certain period?

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on September 23, 2009, 06:47:24 PM
Am I understanding correctly that in EU3 the provinces that you conquered become your cores after holding them for a certain period?

50 years.

DGuller

So I went to the Paradox site, and ordered the game from GamersGate.  The order went through all right, but I can't download the game, it's not on the "my games" list.   :ultra: Can't Paradox get anything right?

Caliga

:lol: GamersGate

The last time I ordered from them they charged my card three times.

GamersGate = FAIL.

DGuller

Got it now, after almost ordering it 3 times myself.  Apparently I ordered it as a gift, which I really don't recall doing.  Must be some nice interface if I did indeed do it by mistake.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 24, 2009, 11:19:14 AM
:lol: GamersGate

The last time I ordered from them they charged my card three times.

GamersGate = FAIL.

I was annoyed by a 45 cent fee. That was my bank, but I'll blame paradox, as that is the cool thing to do.  :P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive