Republican Senator turns pro-gay now that his son is gay

Started by Martinus, March 15, 2013, 02:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

fhdz

Quote from: Martinus on March 15, 2013, 02:48:42 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2013, 11:46:33 AM
It is pretty obvious before he didn't care so he just went along with whatever his base wanted.  Outside of a few pet issues most politicians are like this.

Yes, but if the issue you don't care about affects so directly lives of people, and you still deny them their rights, you are a douchebag.

And now he's realized his mistake. MOVING THE FUCK ON
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

No, I don't think Martinus has realized his mistake yet.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2013, 12:01:43 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on March 15, 2013, 11:54:51 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2013, 11:43:46 AM
To be fair though it does highlight one as having a weak and/or hypocritical character.
He's a politician. :mellow:
Some of us expect better from our politicians. :angry:
Wrong.  You're just another fag who can't handle tolerance.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on March 15, 2013, 02:48:42 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2013, 11:46:33 AM
It is pretty obvious before he didn't care so he just went along with whatever his base wanted.  Outside of a few pet issues most politicians are like this.

Yes, but if the issue you don't care about affects so directly lives of people, and you still deny them their rights, you are a douchebag.
Every issue directly affects the lives of people.  You're pathetic.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Yeah, Mart wouldn't give a damn about gays if he wasn't one, so he doesn't have much room to talk here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2013, 09:16:14 PM
Yeah, Mart wouldn't give a damn about gays if he wasn't one, so he doesn't have much room to talk here.

I guess in a way we're lucky.  If he was straight, imagine all the threads about obscure international commercial contracts (IIRC, international commercial contract law being what Marti specializes in).

garbon

Somehow I think he'd garner less attention if he did that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

hmm, yeah, on the one hand good he's realised this.
On the other hand....not good for a politician to say he has flip flopped because it now affects him personally no?

I guess in a way we're lucky.  If he was straight, imagine all the threads about obscure international commercial contracts (IIRC, international commercial contract law being what Marti specializes in).

Alternative universe languish is full of Marti posting threads about womens' shoes.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: JosqoAlternative universe languish is full of Marti posting threads about womens' shoes.

^_^
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)